Most Ridiculous Thing You've Ever Been Counseled On

by MrFreeze 150 Replies latest jw experiences

• undercover
    undercover
    For going braless when I was a bouncy 16 yr old

Oh man, that reminds me of getting in trouble at a congregation picnic when I was a teenager. I was picking on a girl from our congregation. We were both about 16 I guess, I had grown up with her and had never really seen her in "that way" until that day. It was a hot day and she threw a cup of water on me. I vowed revenge and filled an empty KFC bucket up with water and chased her. When I caught her I gave her the whole bucket. It hit her right in the chest. Her white t-shirt clung to her very nicely and revealed that she was not wearing a bra. My view of her as the little girl I had grown up with changed evermore.

Getting in trouble for it was all worth the view I got. She got counseled as well for not wearing a bra.

Ah, youth...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Lol @ Undercover.Live and learn,baby,live and learn.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Isn't it weird... we all had 'counselling' when we didn't want it or need it in the borg. But, then when we 'fade' or 'pop' out... we're left wondering what the 'holy hell' is going on, usually without a clue where to start!

I was counselled for many things... but I suppose my best memory of being 'ticked off by the elders' was for fiddling with the central heating controls in the KH (I was about 16yo at the time)... having popped out for a much needed toilet break - I noticed the heating control unit on the wall.... turned it up to 35c and whacked the 1 hour boost button. It was summer. I told them I thought it was a light switch :o\

Oh, I also pinned up a politcal party flyer on the notice board for a laugh... that didn't go down well either. Obvisouly the elders aren't Labour supporters ?!

• voodoo lady
    voodoo lady

I drew graffiti on the board while hall-cleaning. Yes, I was silly enough to write my name, and the name of the worldly boy I loved. The board rolled out during a meeting, and there it was - Voodoo Lady loves Dean Ween. The elder who talked to me about it was one of the weirdest, but probably the most intelligent of them. The conversation took a strange doctrinal turn and he actually admitted: "we don't know for sure that armageddon will ever happen; at this point in time everything is a guess."

Also, a different elder's daughter tried to get me to admit to it, beginning with the innocuous: "wasn't it funny what happened the other night..." I'm sure she was hoping I'd boast about it. I pretended to barely recall even seeing it there.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was counseled for wearing one of those yellow "cancer" bracelets. "Brothers should not be wearing bracelets".

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I was counselled at age 13 for my skirt being 'too short'. It sat on the knees. And WHY did that elder approach me alone? Shouldn't he have gone to my dad??? That happened MANY times over the years, with my dad stepping in to tell the elder off for not talking to him first and also to say I was growing and they didn't have enough money to buy me a new one yet.

When I was 18, nosey elders wife telling me again my skirt was too short (it wasn't). This time I slammed it right back in her face 'well if you can afford to buy me a new one, be my guest' and 'while you're at it, do not ever come to me about this again'. She came back with 'go to an op shop, they have cheap clothes'. Next meeting, her husband (an elder) approached me about my attire. I told him where to go, politely. No one ever hassled me again! I was too 'tough' for their liking! LOL!

Funnily, when I had my nose pierced with a nice gold stud, not one elder EVER told me off! Go figure!!!

I have also been counselled over the years about earrings. I have 3 in each ear. Third one at 13...boy did it give me grief - but I never took it out. I also used to wear a ring on each finger and was told off about that, but never took them off. Guess I was always a little rebellious!

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Got counselled for having a car that was 'too new'.

One year we were away on holiday just before christmas and a staff member put an add in the local paper. Because it was the christmas edition holly was put around the advert. Got busted for that saying we should have more control over our staff.

Not a problem now because we stopped putting our business first and lost it last year along with our house.

I know, I know we need a slap up the back of our heads. But at least we're out and free.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I got counselled for saying 'gees'....just remembered that! Hauled in the back room and told I was cursing Jesus

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I got told off once for sucking an elders wife's tits on the platform. Fucking losers.

• razkat
    razkat

Has anyone ever told these clowns[elders]where to get off?Id love to hear your comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit