Are Men As "Manly" As They Used To Be?

by minimus 115 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

"Hunks" are The Big Bang Theory guys.

• not a captive
    not a captive

They sure don't have the same work to do that defined men a couple of generations ago.

Like Syl says (I say that a lot-- she and I have been around the old country ways)coming of age in times past the activities of men had to do with physical strength, practical skill and having a slew of kids.

But nowadays, who thinks much of a guy if he can fix his own car now, kill and dress a hog, sire a half dozen kids? They wonder why he's driving a clunker, likes to kill animals and why he doesn't put a cap on it.

What's left? In the countryside around here there's more alcohol and drugs. There are single parents but no large families. Plenty of loose men roaming around kinda confused. It's tough on women too, but I think my sons are finding it harder to be men.

This is a pretty sensitive issue in my family. It's a painful subject for me too. If a husband is conflicted about how to act, it makes it hard for a wife to figure out what's going on and vice versa.

• minimus
    minimus

I wanna kill and dress a hog.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    "Hunks" are The Big Bang Theory guys.

Hey now! Carl Sagan's large frontal lobes used to so turn me on.

Give me a manly Big Bang Theory guy anyday. If you can stimulate my brain, you will stimulate my other parts too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My husband loves bowties and he's all man, baby.

• lola28
    lola28

My boyfriend wears eye cream at night, does that make him less manly, should I worry?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    According to another thread, some of them are wearing bowties. The horror.

Some brothers in my cong even wear PINK shirts!

George

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In my case, even more so! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Min, are you going to kiss the hog and dance with her too?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Charlie Sheen"

His character isn't manly either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit