So they finally said it ....

by 2014CountDown 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loveisenuff
    loveisenuff

Thanks for the welcome y'all.

I ran that beginning quote by my partner and she said "they're NOT claiming anything but that their comments are BASED ON the teachings of Christ. " Everything I read to her.....she rationalizes into her belief system. There so far has been nothing I've shown her.....or read to her that she CAN't rationalize. While I read "Crisis of Conscience" and Franz's other book, I would read aloud various (to me) incredible passages that showed the inner workings of the GB or how they reached their decisions. NOTHING I have ever discussed or read to her has made te least bit of difference in her belief structure. Even the fact that all her friends have dropped her because of my stopping study and attending meetings has not affected her attendance or publishing. She just plods on.....doggedly practicing her faith. While it is admirable in SOME way....it is so sad in another. I've basically "ruined" her life within the congregation.

We get along in every other way and are quite well matched and happy.......except for this pesky religion she follows. My solution has been to just give up. I quite enjoy the time alone that her meetings and field service afford me so....really....she can go on believing till death do us part. In any cae....our marriage I think has proved to me that not even a cult can stop love from blossoming. A victory for LOVE!!!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

The Leader translates into German as "Der Fuhrer." I wonder how this one is going to play in Germany and Austria. Maybe we should use it in future references to the GB.

And welcome Newbies, thanks for your thoughts.

• wasblind
    wasblind

TRUST: THERE SPIRITUAL FOOD IS NOT FROM GOD, ESPECIALLY THEIR NEW LIGHT ON THE GENERATION. HOW DARE THESE GOATS & BUZZARDS TO COMPARE THEMSELVES TO THE CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

Cult behavior 101. Claim that the leaders of the group speak for God and to question the leaders is equal to questioning God. Then let the abuse of power and corruption began. And the drones just accept everything they're told without question. Because questioning would equal a lack of faith in God. "Don't rely on your own understanding".

I really hope that the tightening of control from the Governing Body will actually have the opposite effect and cause some JW's to wake up to the fact that it's a cult.

• sir82
    sir82

It seems to be some sort of game with them.

"How close can we come to saying 'We are Christ' or 'We are God' without explicitly using those words?"

• wasblind
    wasblind

Matthew 24: v 4-5And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

What a pile of filth!!!!. The only capitalized letters are Governing, Body, Leader, Christ

The Governing Body is the same as Christ Himself??. How can 7 million JWs fall for this crap!!

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witness are not anointed, they are self appointed

and why are the words: anointed other sheep all non-capitals??

Im so glad I got out of this fanatical cult and have been happy every since.

Calm down. Read and educate yourself. Capital letters ain't nothing

It gets much, much worse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit