GB's response to rising Memorial partakers

by 5thGeneration 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sounds like Jehovah is a little Schizophrenic!

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Personally, I think there's several reasons for this upsurge of "annointed".

1. A lot more Witnesses are reading their Bibles and have figured out that heaven is exactly what Christians are promised in the NT...sorry, no one is promised an earthly paradise, NOT IN THERE. They still want to be JWs so the figure they have "the heavenly calling". They probably do...because anyone who is a Christian HAS A HEAVENLY CALLING. They're just playing it by WTS rules.

2. Some may have figured out it's a prestige thing to be one of the annointed and are going for that, and after all it's a pretty darn hard thing for the elders to call you on.

3. It's a new movement in a cult that's running out of attractive reasons to hang in there for quite a few of it's members.

• blondie
    blondie

Remember that when the number of anointed in the WTS had risen to about 90,000 by 1925, the WTS developed the 1935 doctrine. And now that's gone. But remember the WTS uses terms such as "genuine" and "real" anointed implying that not all almost 11,000 partakers are "real" or "genuine."

*** w08 8/15 p. 6 par. 13 Jehovah Will Not Leave His Loyal Ones ***However, only among true Christians do we find genuine anointed ones, making up “a royal priesthood.”

*** w07 5/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special “insights,” beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation.

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 18 “Keep on the Watch” ***Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

*** w97 8/15 p. 15 par. 12 Living for Today or for an Eternal Future? ***The number of genuine anointed sons of God surviving on earth is greatly diminished.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sadly, there's nothing "genuine" about anything in the Borg.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I see the governing body is at it again in trying to instill doubt in those who feel the heavenly call.

I mean really, how can anyone know if someone within that group is going to heaven or not?

I guess if the GB did not have so much riding on the 'dwindling numbers' of the annointed, they would not be trying so hard to instill so much doubt.

A clear case of a group of people trying so hard to deny the facts.

• Gayle
    Gayle

This is so laughable!! One thing, the GB probably don't know how to explain it either (another corner they've have painted themselves into),,it is so difficult for them not to have a dogmatic, 'know-it-all-answer', for everything so they can only give a very defensive answer to all questioning, "it's none of your business!"

the GB including elders to make just about everything their business that they shouldn't be doing, like: how many hours of service members do, why they miss a meeting,,verifying their members vows to include to a 'spirit-directed organization,' no allowance for their members to have their own personal conscience on so many issues like birthdays, blood transfusion, etc etc.

I expect with GB comments like this that the partaker number will top 12,000 next spring.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

mindmelda,

I agree with you, especially points 1 and 2.

I think many JWs have pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that they are going to die in this 'system of things'. So, a heavenly hope seems more attainable to them and I think they are changing their belief system along those lines. And you are right about the fact that 'nobody can call them on it'. After all, how can anybody know who is or isn't anointed? etc. etc.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They will just start saying EVERYBODY should take the emblems, whatever their hope, but the only way to get to it is to follow the Leadership of the Gibbering Buddy.

They have paved the way for this in a study which said that in John 6: "no one has everlasting life except he eats" Jesus was addressing people believing in both heavenly and earthly resurrection.

HB

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

They'll just stop releasing, publishing, or maybe even counting the number of partakers. It's between the person and Jehovah after all. Problem solved.

Hamsterbait, which study are you referring to?

• Quandry
    Quandry

"It's none of our business. It's Jehovah's business".

I like that. It's a great strategy, because it works so well for every question and every circumstance.

QUESTION ANSWER

"Brother, I've been wondering why it's O.K. to take fractions , if the fractions come from blood It's none of our business. It's Jehovah's business.

and we're not supposed to take it?"

"Brother, how can they keep changing the generation doctrine, when each time it is evident that It's none of our business. It's Jehovah's business.

this explanation is the correct way Jehovah wants it?"

Any other question................................... It's none of our business. It's Jehovah's business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit