Newly Exiting JW's ( Last 5 years ) How are you Doing in Life? Let Us Know

by flipper 91 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT for the poster WANTSTOLEAVE , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

A good thread Flipper, thanks. It's good to read these experiences and reminds me of how i was when i first left. Most of all the response is encouraging and for those who are still suffering because of their JW past, the support is here....nobody understands an ex jw like an ex jw.

Paul

• flipper
    flipper

DIGDERIDOO- Thanks . I felt it was an important thread to put out there as SO MANY people have exited the JW organization the last 5 years. They need support. Most of the experiences ARE positive - which is good as you say for those who have suffered to read. EX-JW's DO really understand EX-JW's better than non witnesses- very true ! Here's to freedom ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It depends on how you keep track of time, I learned the truth about the truth circa 1995, went to my last meeting in circa 2003, divorced my hardcore JW wife in 2007 and haven't looked back.

I am married with someone I can truely call a partner. I have a beautiful 2 yo daughter (both are shown in my avetar) - job, career, family, sex, and EVERYTHING ELSE IS GREAT!

Thank you for asking.

The best revenge is leading a good life, My life is near perfection (with room for improvement). As my wife tells me, nothing is perfect.

• flipper
    flipper

NEWYORK44M- That is fantastic that your life is going great ! I'm happy for you. You have a beautiful wife and lovely child. Good for you. You are right - the best revenge is living a good, happy life. I have done the same since I exited in 2003 as well. I got married in 2006 to my soulmate and wonderful lady I met on E-Harmony.com and life has been really smooth and peaceful. Very happy. I wish you and your family all the best and continued happiness. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Flipper, I think you should do a commercial for EHarmony. That would really show the world that you are living a good happy life!

• flipper
    flipper

SCARRED FOR LIFE- I've talked with my wife about doing a commercial on E-Harmony. They actually sent us an E-mail saying we could try out for it and you go through a process to be interviewed and on a commercial eventually. But my wife and I enjoy our quiet mountain life- we'd have to travel to L.A. and the traffic is a disaster down there in So-Cal as opposed to our calm Northern California area we live in. We're content to know we are doing good and living happily ! Our friends know, that's good enough for us ! LOL ! Thanks for the thought though ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• life is to short
    life is to short

Leaving is hard so many ups and downs. But the thought of going back makes me feel sick, being free of the cult is like having life for the first time the freedom of knowing that it was all a lie and that God is not going to kill everyone, that people are good and bad and that most people are good unlike what the JW's taught us. It is hard being married to a strong JW who still puts the religion before me, something I am working on dealing with.

Thanks Flipper for this thread it helps all of us to know we are not alone in how we feel leaving this religion, you are so helpful to all of us on this board, I love the way you care about everyone and taking the time to answer each one. I know you and Mrs Flipper have helped me so much as you have others. You guys are both so great. Thanks

LITS

• flipper
    flipper

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- I agree with you- exiting the witnesses does have it's ups and downs for sure. But as you mentioned the FREEDOM we attain in not being fearful of an Armageddon that WON'T happen or knowing we won't be DESTROYED is very liberating ! I found out as well, like you tafter exiting that there are lots of very kind people outside the witnesses who will be our friends unconditionally and will be there for us- when people in the JW's would not unless we commented at meetings or went out in service. I empathize with your marriage situation- just hang in there, in time you'll have clarity on which way you need to go on that.

Thanks for the kind words. I just care so damned much because I lived it myself exiting the cult. I know how hard it can be. Not too many people were there for me when I stopped attending in 2003 ( except my son & parents ) so I know how hard it is to start over. We just have to support one another to move on. We value your friendship as well, it's been really nice getting to know you ! Will see ya soon ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

My husband and I (and our three kids of course) have had some very hard times financially in the past two years, but that has nothing to do with being a Witness or not being one, we're simply victims of the current horrible economy, which shows virtually no signs of real improvement any time soon. But, we were inactive long before that.

Although before I quit talking to them altogether, one Witness suggested to me that loosing our business and house was a sign of Jehovah's disapproval of our inactivity.

Hey....thanks for giving me one more reason to LEAVE, Ms Elderette. It was the Congregation Overseer's wife. Screw her anyway, ya know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit