Who is the ass that said...

by Finally-Free 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"You get what you pay for"?

A couple of years ago I bought a Lawnboy mower for $750. I probably only used it a dozen times since I'm not really big on yardwork. After 2 hours of tinkering, I still couldn't get the thing to start up. Finally, completely frustrated, I decided to try my old mower that I inheirited from my dad. It's 26 years old with a Biggs & Stratton engine. Never been "tuned up". Original spark plug. Gas in it is at least 5 years old.

It started on the first pull.

</end rant>

W

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Probably the same person who said 'There's a sucker born every minute.'

Not meaning *you* of course. Sorry for your recent woes.

-Aude.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I had a two cycle Lawnboy that I had always a hard time to start also.

They probably make them better now I'm assuming.

Both Honda motors and Briggs and Stratton motors start pretty consistently.

I think a lot a people got POed with LB since they usually cost more than the others.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Sorry to hear about that Finally-Free. My buddy owns an old Briggs & Stratton: it works pretty damn good.

Honestly, what I saw recently are newer versions of the old push lawn cutters. The ones with just the rotating blades. They're way better than what they used to be.

Or another alternative:

Hehee! I'll probably see you later anyways.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here's another cliche' for you, FF:

"They don't make 'em like that anymore."

• trueblue
    trueblue

I had an old Lawnboy that I inherited when I brought my house. It was twenty some years old and finally it quit working, and I brought another new lawnboy and it was shot in a couple of years. The bearings and carberator were out of service so I brought an electric lawn mower. They should make an electric riding mower. That would be cool...

• restrangled
    restrangled

FF....don't feel too bad about this,..... although non starting lawn mowers can raise blood pressure beyond current medical readings. (I've got one)

Just to make you feel better, I have been promised by each salesman of a new appliance or air conditioning system that my power bill would go down by such and such a percent.

Ha, ha and ha. After installing all energy star appliances, A Trane airconditioning system 4 years ago, with a 5 inch filter thats costs just plenty....my power bill is through the roof! Right now,450.00 a month.

None of these new items performed as advertised.....they just work harder in an older house.

Getting back to lawn mowers,

I finally hired a guy to cut my lawn for 25.00 a week during the summer. He trims, rakes, mows, and keeps it looking fantastic.

r.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Probably the same person who said 'There's a sucker born every minute.'

I'm feeling like a sucker. I also bought a $750 Maytag dishwasher just over a year ago. A few days ago I got a letter telling me it's a fire hazzard and needs a service call. Of course, if I buy a new model they'll give me $150 credit towards it. I'll take the free service call, but $150 credit for my machine is just insulting.

I had a two cycle Lawnboy that I had always a hard time to start also.

I don't think you can get 2 cycle machines here anymore. I read that in a couple of years gas powered mowers will be banned in Toronto entirely.

Or another alternative:

I wish we could have them in the city. I'd get one today.

"They don't make 'em like that anymore."

I agree, but every time I say that I feel old.

I brought an electric lawn mower.

My next one will probably be electric. Either that or I'll pave my backyard.

my power bill is through the roof! Right now,450.00 a month.

Wow! That's almost like having another mortgage! (right up there with my prescriptions, including blood pressure pills)

W

• trueblue
    trueblue

I brought an electric lawn mower.

My next one will probably be electric. Either that or I'll pave my backyard.

That's funny Finally-Free because I did pave almost half my backyard and been thinking to put sand then gravel the rest around the fruit trees as mulch.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Probably not the same guy that said "buyer beware

And I have a human powered mower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit