Pride or Humility - I guess it depends how you look at it..

by bradford 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bradford
    bradford

One of the constant themes of the literature and of the well meaning witnesses who regurgitate it to those that have left or are in the process of leaving is this:

You are filled with pride. You think you know better than Jehovah's organization. You need to wait on Jehovah. Jehovah hates pride. Therefore he hates you. You need to humble yourself.

I came to a realization recently. What is more prideful? To believe that you have the one single truth, the one single religion that god approves, and that everyone else is wrong (and going to die!) -or- to admit that something you believed in, advocated, preached to others about, gave talks on, shared experiences with other witnesses about: WAS WRONG. You were duped.

A close friend tried this line on me how I was being prideful and I asked him if he realized how humbling it was to accept that I wasted 10 years of my life believing something that wasn't true and to walk away. I guess it is all about perception. He actually seemed like he understood what I was saying.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

If you live in the South it's common to hear politicians tell how they are proud and humble to be here, lol!

Marina

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS are brainwashed to regurgitate the propaganda the WTS sets out.

Talk to a JWS and you might as well read a piece of WTS literature.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great point indeed!

Yes, it requires genuine HUMILITY to accept that we were wrong, and were blindly following UNTRUTHS for our whole lives!

It takes HUMILITY to accept and admit that we DID NOT HAVE the facts and truth.....

That is something the GB and org in general have never admitted...that they have ever been wrong! (instead, they blame individual members)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So I admit the following:

I, Stuckinarut2, have realised, half way through my life that I blindly accepted the "truth" forced on me as a child. I did not question anything. I became the perfect witness.

Then I woke up and realised that true humility required me to recognise that I could not arrogantly believe that I had exclusive hold on truth.

I now see clearly for the fist time in my life!

Now, I hope to begin to learn what true humility is: Recognising that I am NOT always correct!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    You are filled with pride. You think you know better than Jehovah's organization.

http://www.jwfacts.com/images/1914-The-Generation-that-will-not-pass-away.jpg

You need to wait on Jehovah.

...............................Image result for Skeleton waiting

Jehovah hates pride. Therefore he hates you. You need to humble yourself.

...........................................................................................................What An ASSHOLE!!..

................Image result for Angry god...................Image result for Kitten begging

• steve2
    steve2

Outlaw, you nailed it...again. I humbly disclose that, when it comes to pussies, I'm a pushover.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. hates people who take pride in critical thinking and intellectual honesty.

These people are deemed useless and are usually tossed out .

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

As the old song said: (funny, cos I can actually picture ToMo3 singing this!!!)

"oh lord its so hard to be humble,

when Im so perfect in every way..."

• Bigdummy
    Bigdummy

Bradford's quote:

" the one single religion that god approves, and that everyone else is wrong (and going to die!"

There is a sister at the hall who would always finish her comment with this quote " if they

don't listen to us at the door they are going to be destroyed." I was amazed that she could put

that ending line in almost all her comments regardless of the topic or subject of the meeting .

It was like she relished the thought that untold billions were going to die if people didn't listen to her.

She would almost be grinning when she said it like she had some kind of power to mete out God's

wrath. It was sickening for me to hear her. If she and a bunch more people at the hall would be my

immediate neighbors in the new system I would rather go ahead and die now. There are a bunch of

JW friends I could live by but I'm just saying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit