WT September 15, 2010 - The Faithful and NOT SO Discrete Slave

by Designer Stubble 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

*ALARM, ALARM* Illogic alert!

P.21, para 1

CHRISTENDOM'S churches have human leaders, such as the pope of Rome, the patriarchs and metropolitans of the Eastern Orthodox churches, and the heads of other religions. Jehovah's Witnesses recognize no human as their leader. They are not disciples or followers of any man.

P. 23, para 8

In this time of the end, Christ has committed "all his belongings"- all the earthly interests of the Kingdom - to his "faithful and discreet slave" and its representative Governing Body, a group of anointed Christian men. (Matt. 24:45-47) The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

The 'anointed' and 'other sheep' follow the lead of the GB ...

B...b...but didn't they just say that JWs don't recognize any human as their leader nor do they follow any man?

B...b...but does that mean the GB aren't men? Or does it mean these men lead without being leaders and the 'anointed' and 'other sheep' follow without being followers?

For fun, compare:

"He [Jesus] gives that office to Peter, as symbolized by the 'keys of the kingdom.' This establishes that in principle there is nothing antithetical between the supreme Lordship of Jesus Christ and a mortal man serving as His 'vicar' on earth." ...

Catholics are saying that Jesus wants someone to lead his people on earth. This person is not taking Jesus' place, he is simply guiding the Church the same way Peter did ...

... Jesus is the head of the Church. Catholics believe the Pope is simply his "vicar" on earth, the one who He has appointed.

- http://armoredcatholic.com/AN/authorityofpope.html

I don't see much of a contrast between the Catholics and the JWs here. Do you?

How do the WT writers get away with this stuff?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

wow, contradicting themselves within the same article. Amazing!

So even thought Jesus said the HE is our mediator to God, the GB is saying that THEY are our mediator to Jesus, who then mediates to God from them...

I want scriptural eveidence that shows that one. Oh wait, THERE ISN'T ANY! Some one should call up the service desk and tell them to stop practicing faginometry.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Wow!!, just Wow!!. I can't believe some of the sh!t they come up with. They are in essence saying the they (the GB) is receiving more and better holy spirit than the rest of the JW's. Since they alone can interpret what the bible says.

How did all those people in history get along without them?

How insulting to the R&F. They are telling them that they are too stupid to understand the bible by themselves.

• undercover
    undercover

Great thread.

This Sept WT is a doozy.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The propaganda wolves are out in force trying to keep the sheep convinced that they still need to follow the faithful and not so discreet slave.

This propaganda stuff really works, it keeps the people in submission to men and allows these men to impose their righteousness on them.

LD

• teel
    teel
    So there is a super-thin thread between "following the lead of (the GB)" and not "following a leader (GB)".
    You are to follow the lead but not a leader.
    It will be interesting to see it in other languages.

In hungarian: "The annointed and their companions, the other sheep knows that if they accept the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader, Christ."

In romanian: "The annointed and their companions, the other sheep are convinced that by respecting the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader, Christ."

In spanish: "The annointed and the other sheep understand that by following the lead of the Governing Body, they are in fact following their leader, Christ."

The bold is mine, underlining the relevant differences in the respective languages.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Classic Watchtower 'double-think':

Jehovah’s Witnesses recognize no human as their leader. They are not disciples or followers of any man.

The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

Honestly, this stuff makes me want to puke. Can't believe my entire family swallows this shite............

• minimus
    minimus

And the typical JW says, "All I know, is I'm going to serve Jehovah God and be loyal to His Organization."

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hypothetical conversation with a Witness -

Me: You people don't follow Jesus, you follow men.

Witness: We don't follow any human leader. We worship Jehovah.

Me: What about your Governing Body? Don't they tell you what to do?

Witness: The Governing Body has Jehovah's Holy Spirit to guide them.

Me: So they are your leaders, just like the Pope is the leader of the Catholics.

Witness: No they're not!

Me: Even your own Watchtower magazine says that you should follow the lead of the Governing Body, so that makes them your leaders.

Witness: The Watchtower helps us [Witnesses] understand the Bible better, but we don't worship it.

Me: Well, if they're not your leaders, then you should feel free to criticize them when they make mistakes, right? After all, even Catholics criticize the Pope openly.

Witness: .....

• changeling
    changeling

That is the point for me, PrimateDave. Catholics freely and frequently criticize the actions and opinions of the church and the Pope w/o any negative repercussions. They remain Catholics in good standing. If JW's do the same they are "apostates".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit