Stopping in to say hello and share some good updates

by FlyingHighNow 63 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

FHN, nice to see you again. I'm still kicking, sort of. I've been out of work, but that is OK; it gives me more time to take care of my parents who are getting up in years and have some health issues. My oldest son has joined me in sobriety, and our daughter just got her BA is psychology. She's off to grad school in August.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

You wouldn't recognize Gwinnett County now. It's changed a ton just since I moved here in 1994. But I lived in the Northlake area before that beginning in 1979. So I'm very familiar with Tucker.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I didn't recognize Gwinnet when I moved back to the area in 83. Went looking for Snellville and didn't realize I was right in the middle of it, driving up 78. Lived in Lawrenceville for three years. Moved to get away from the traffic. Ended up in Cartersville.

Jeff, that's wonderful about the sobriety. May you never and your son never falter. And congrats to your daughter. I'd love to do the same thing.

Shamus, the bananas I can provide. The faces? I think we're gon' have ta have a long talk about that.

Rabbit, we really should catch up. I made it down to Texas for parts of five days at the end of April, but it was north of Houston.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Syl

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi FHN , it is good to get the update....I am glad that life is working out for everyone. It sounds like you are really flying high now

• minimus
    minimus

hiya flyin'!!!

stick around, willya?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

for Syl.

for Blues Brother.

Mini, thank you. We shall see. I don't want to get hooked again. But maybe here and there.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Glad you provided the positive update. Hope everything continues to go fine with you and your family.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hey FHN... glad to see you still kicking around these parts... I still post here, not as much.... glad things are good for you..;lots changed here too

.... you mentioned cartersville (presumably GA).... my brother worked in C'ville for awhile til his co. closed the office... he lives in acworth...we (my fiancee and I) were just down there a couple months ago... I hated the traffic, the high costs.... and people seem to be just a bit ...lets say not so warm to us n'thrnrs... lol

Snakes (Rich )

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sorry they seemed cool to you. That area has really grown. It used to much more beautiful and charming.

The reason some are cool to northeners is that they've usually had bad experience with prejudice from one northerner or more. Being racist in this country is frowned upon, but it's still okay to stereo type white southerners. So often, notherners, or yankees as some sometimes say, come down to visit and seem condescending. I'm sure it doesn't help that during disasters, news caster choose the most pitiful, lilliterate sounding people to interview. I've found that no matter where you go, if you get far enough away from a big city, people pretty much look and sound less polished: north, south, east, west.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit