Sunday June 20th is Father's Day: Where will you Be?

by YoursChelbie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I will be celebrating with my "apostate" family..

-mentallyfree31-

• Quentin
    Quentin

I'll be home laying up like a lizard on a rock...grand kids gone to visit their Dad, least he'll have fathers day. Wife will watch tv and the daughter will be asleep... Around 4PM I'll be asked to prepare supper, like the good old dad I am...Hmmmm, thats what I do every day, oh well, some you win, some you loose, all the others get rained out....

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD'S. Best to all....

• StAnn
    StAnn

Like an idiot, I thought last Sunday was Father's Day! The boys and I took my husband to his favorite restaurant and then we went to visit my father-in-law at his farm. We stayed out there for FOUR HOURS, which is two hours above my limit, all because it was Father's Day.

Then I found out the next day that it wasn't Father's Day.

I'm NOT doing it all again tomorrow (today, actually, it's 1:22 a.m. here now).

I guess I'll make my husband a homemade chocolate cake and some fried chicken, which are his favorite foods. Obviously, i won't be visiting my dad who is a JW-lite.

Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there!

StAnn

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

We'll be at TGI's .

I still have jw children, apparently, they misplaced their dad somewhere. So, we'll just adopt some new relatives and friends!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Good for you Rabbit....have fun at the gatering and say Hi for me to everyone....sorry I couldn't make it, next time though...

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

We will be...wherever hubby wants us to be!

So far he's had breakfast served to him on a silver platter! (Literally! I had the kids carry him his breakfast on a silver tray!)

He's had cards and a gift. This evening we are going to a fondue restaurant!

The greatest part of the day...he gets to be right and have his way all day! It's fun! I get it for Mother's Day too!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hey, Quentin, sorry you're gonna miss everyone. Take care of yourself!

I did have Ms. Rabbit's d-i-l call me and wish me, "Happy Father's Day!" That brought a happy tear to my eyes...

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Well...we got there a little late, around 5:30, but, no one was there. An employee said 2 people had already left.

But...our friend 6 of 9 walked in a little later and we 3, got to catch up, eat and drink a little. A good apostafest!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit