Can you feel the 'lurve'?

by HappyOutsideTheBox 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HappyOutsideTheBox
    HappyOutsideTheBox

Would this email encourage you back to the meetings?

Dear *****:

We are so very discouraged that you did not attend the D.C.

There are no two sides of this issue today. If you are not a friend of Jehovah there is only one other side, that of his enemy, Satan

Just as we would have been loyal to you as our friend against your enemies if you had remained with our family,more than ever we feel total indignation of one choosing the side of Jehovah's enemy. How could we ever have anything in common as you stand now.

If ever you want our friendship again and that of our Heavenly Father please let us know and no one would be happier. Regretfully we say goodbye, ***** & ***** (this couple served on the circuit for decades)

Considering I faded and was never D/F'd I felt they were completely unloving and over the top. They live 3000 miles away - so why did they even have to be so vocal?

Strangely enough it didn't make me rush to the nearest KH. Quite the opposite in fact. Not the community I'd choose to be part of - under any circumstance now!

HOTB

• not a captive
    not a captive

Nope, not feelin' the love .... let me try again........ nope, not there.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Sure, they can dictate what constitutes friendship with them. But they cannot judge nor stipulate whether you have a relationship with the "Heavenly Father".

Nope! No "wuv" there!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

With friends like that..Who needs Enema`s?..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• cult classic
    cult classic

HOTB- What a couple of douche bags. The level of arrogance with these people never ceases to amaze me. If I were you I would not delay in making it known to them just how much you miss their friendship...... NOT!

l

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

Typical.

And the more people realize this is typical. The better.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

We were treated like that when we were still in. My hubby and I were going through some horrible times with illness and problems. They were hard as nails. All they were interested in was where's your report, not at meetings enough, even though we explained our situation just told, '' you don't have enough faith''. When we did get to a meeting the elders and their wives would ignore us.

I remember walking to shops and elders and wives would literaly cross the road to avoid us. They obviously marked us. They did this to others in the congo. I am not surprised at the response. If they can do it to their brothers who are still believe in the borg. but going through problems and feel justified to be harsh and unloving your situation..........well words fail me....... they think that is going to bring you back. All I can say is that is not ''LOVE'' yet they will think they have done a loving thing it boggles the mind.

I used to think to myself Jesus would not treat us like this if he was here as a man, he had compassion, the org. is hard as nails and don't really care, but we used to keep going. There was a point were I was so poorly and hubby had to look after me we stopped going for a year. But we didn't even get a letter, just forgotten about.

Love RosePetal

• chicken little
    chicken little

Had a similar experience recently, my husband has been ill and is looking for new work. A brother called out of the blue and was very kind and offered some contacts we could phone and write to. Encouraged by this kindness my husband phoned a sister he had worked with in the past, he only wanted an address from her. The day after the call he received an email that was so horrid I cried. She accused him of using her, told him she had spoken to elders that told her we were disfellowshipped, which is not true, and that she would not want my husband working in any of the places she worked. She said she would not recommend him nor should he use her name. None of these things applied as my husband only asked for an address. She finished by saying if we came back to Jehovah she would greet us with open arms. Wonderful; warms the heart doesnt it?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I HATE this cult.

-MF31-

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What sociopaths. They sound like the type who long to join in with swords at Armageddon.

Rose Petal and Chicken little, so sorry you had to go through that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit