Too Much Coffee

by daniel-p 42 Replies latest social physical

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I am so glad to read this. Because coffee has recently started doing the same thing to my heart. It also irritates my bladder very badly. Just this week I stopped making any coffee. My husband makes it on the weekends. I had one cup yesterday. Too much. I had about 1/2 cup today. That's all I can tolerate. I've drunk coffee for 32 years. But not anymore.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky
    I am so glad to read this. Because coffee has recently started doing the same thing to my heart. It also irritates my bladder very badly. Just this week I stopped making any coffee. My husband makes it on the weekends. I had one cup yesterday. Too much. I had about 1/2 cup today. That's all I can tolerate. I've drunk coffee for 32 years. But not anymore.

When I was working nights, I could drink coffee all night. It's just in the last couple of years that I have become so sensitive to caffiene. I think it is because I'm postmenopausal.

4- Stress hormones are elevated by caffeine consumption
    The
    levels of stress hormones like adrenaline, cortisol, and norepinephrine
    are elevated by caffeine. These hormones cause an increase in the heart
    rate along with blood pressure, which results in a sense of “panic
    response”. Oxygen to the extremities and the brain is reduced, and
    there is a suppression of the immune system.
    The
    objective of this “panic response” normally is to provide a temporary
    boost of energy during an emergency when there is a necessity of
    fighting or fleeing. However, with the sedentary lifestyle of today,
    the artificial elevation of stress hormones due to consuming coffee has
    negative effects on women’s health, especially in post-menopausal women.

http://www.nowpublic.com/health/5-ways-caffeine-makes-menopause-worse
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing thats worth noting is the trend now days is for stronger coffee, companies like Starbucks and all the others that

have followed in the tracts promote coffee that is quite strong, as a result creating a coffee brew that has a higher lever of

caffeine in its content.

I'm not a fan of their coffees that you purchase off the Tap but I do use their Breakfast Blend beans for my own brewer which

is a light medium roast. Peoples sensitivity to coffee varies greatly so the consumption of this beverage

should be used carefully.

Getting going in the morning I need coffee or two but usually never have for the rest of the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit