Are You Eccentric?

by snowbird 134 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

One of the Words of Today was concentric - sharing a common center.

Which set me to thinking about eccentric - out of center.

I've been told that I'm eccentric.

Have you ever been told that?

Thanks.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

no

• snowbird
  • minimus
    minimus

good

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Eccentic depends on your bank account..

You can only be eccentric if you have lots of money..

If your poor,your just Nuts..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

word

• only me
    only me

I was going to say yes, but after I read Outlaw's comment, I guess I have to go with just being nuts.

I wouldn't want to be "normal" .

• snowbird
    snowbird

Outlaw, that's what my estranged husband says!

He says, "you're just plain crazy!"

LOL at Only Me.

Syl

• sd-7
    sd-7

I've never been TOLD that. But loyal ones, observing my conduct, might properly conclude that I am eccentric. Consider an example.

This morning my wife mentioned that we were married. My response? "So, how's that going? Is he treatin' you right?" "Not talking to me enough," she said. "I'm sorry to hear that," I replied.

So, does eccentric fully capture the facets of my personality? The Vine Expository Dictionary says: "The sense of the word carries an implication that is...all-encompassing." So eccentric does accurately capture all facets of my personality in this case.

(Actual quote: "The sense of the word carries an implication that is anything but all-encompassing; rather, it implies only one particular characteristic or set of characteristics that may seem out of place in an otherwise ordinary individual.")

Obviously, I made that up. That's probably not in Vine's Dictionary...but since when does that matter, right? This is really fun. I like doing that. If only you could get paid for this!

-sd-7

• snowbird
    snowbird

SD-7, if you were not so intelligent - and Black - I would be scared of you!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit