Update on me

by Junction-Guy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well, it has been a long time since I have visited here, and an even longer time since I have posted anything.

Alot has happened since I last posted. Amanda and I were finally divorced last September after 3 years of separation. Amanda has since remarried and I am hoping she is enjoying her new marriage. I dated a girl from Kentucky last year for almost a whole year. I was not happy with her from the beginning, even though she was a nice girl. She was just too clingy and too agreeable. Everything I liked, she liked, everything I hated, she hated. She even started to switch her politics to match mine, and that was only on the 2nd date.

I broke up with her this past February, and it really broke her heart. I simply could not go on pretending I liked her. She talked quite a bit, and I didn't even enjoy talking with her on the phone. She got to be really annoying, so finally I decided to break it off with her before Valentines day. She was a nice girl to a point, she was just too smothering, and too needy.

I am pretty much happy being single, and don't feel the need to have a girlfriend or a wife. Friends are OK though, which brings me to my good news. I have made a really good friend at work, he and I have become really close, and we get along just perfect as friends. He is a Christian man and is about 3 years older than me, although he looks my age or even younger. We are like best buds, and it is really cool. This has been a long time in the waiting. He is married with 2 children, and he has invited me to tag along on a couple of vacations with him. We have been visiting Dollywood lately, and since neither his kids, nor his wife rides the roller coasters, we have been riding with each other. Everything is going great, and I feel so much younger and more vibrant. I feel like God is once again blessing me with the peace and contentment I had when I lived in Kentucky. I thank God for the blessing of friendship he has provided me.

Nothing else to report on. I just thought I would let some of you know what happened to me. I am not sure when I will be back on here posting, so I thought I would give you all an update.

Dave

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I still do alot of traveling, but mostly to Ky and Ohio, however I have been visiting Nashville alot, and I just got back home 2 weeks ago from a trip to Myrtle Beach. I went down there for a wedding of a friend at work, and had a great time playing in the sand and sun, although one of my friends complained so much it almost ruined the trip.

One more positive piece of news, I went on a diet last year and I have lost 45 pounds, I am now wearing pant sizes that I havent worn in 10 years. All of my fami
    ly is still alive and doing well.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, Junction-Guy!

Welcome back and thanks for sharing your news with us.

Yes, there's nothing to match having good friends. Congratulations, too, on the weight loss. It's great being able to go several sizes smaller!

Till another time,

CoCo

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, great to get an update. I am inspired by your weight loss and intend to make some changes this summer.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome back Junction-Guy!

May the blessings continue :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for the update.

I am glad you don't feel like you MUST be with a date to be happy. As you meet more people you will find someone special, I hope.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((JunctionGuy)))))))

So good to hear from you!

So good to hear you're happy!

Please don't stay away this long again!

Love.

Sylvia

Edit: Congratulations on the weight loss!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Nice to hear from you. It sounds like you're doing well. Thank you for the update.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

One more positive piece of news, I went on a diet last year and I have lost 45 pounds

that is awesome!!!!

• shamus100

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit