Who Are Your Past Circuit Overseers? It's a small world..

by mentallyfree31 260 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

For every nice CO, about 9.5 jerk COs. What a fitting commentary on the business-model JW organization.

We had Barry and Janice Bines throughout the 1970s. He was a somewhat wooden, detached man, she an intelligent but repressed woman. She would go on to kill herself in the 1980s - after they left the circuit wotk and had a couple of children. Barry soon remarried. Tragic.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I was told this week that Mike Seidler had passed away on 6th May 2023, aged 77 years.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I heard about Mike Seidler , I never rated him highly as a C/O... and his wife even worse. Still that was a long time ago . I suppose I should be sorry for her loss.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    I was told this week that Mike Seidler had passed away on 6th May 2023, aged 77 years.

I've heard the name but don't really remember him. I don't think he was ever a CO in my circuit. However, I did find this: https://www.funeralguide.co.uk/obituaries/111896

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    All the COs I knew have aged out. It seems like they are appointing mostly younger 35-45 age guys nowadays. Enthusiastic salesman type of people.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Our CO is called Errol Flynn. Poor guy, fancy being saddled with a name like that. We have yet to meet him, his first visit a few months ago was cancelled as he had Covid. Does anyone know this guy? He replaces Sean & Nikki Smart who were OK.

George

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thank You Journeyman for that link to Mike Seidler’s online obituary. The picture it gives of a warm heated fun loving person is not what I remember. He was rather cool and businesslike with us . Him and his wife were not the most popular C/O couple by a long way.. Still I guess there was more to him ........

George , this Circuit has had Sean Smart . It shows I am getting old because he looked very young to me..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

St George - At least it isn't Gary Glitter or Rolf Harris.................both appropriate for higher up JWs!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

When I was a kid in the 1960's, we had a CO named Bro. Dull. No kidding.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Whisky tango foxtrot? My son had a CO and he kept my son alive in Iraq.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit