No typos or grammatical errors ever????

by StAnn 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

They have very good copywriters, but a few get through from time to time.

*** w76 6/1 Look Forward with Confidence in God’s Righteousness and Justice ***

Why can we conclude that this is a time of judgement?

*** w81 4/15 p. 2 Page Two ***

OUR COVER: Peace for a thousand years! Could there be such a hope? Yes, and we now stand at the dawn of that millenium. This hope is clearly set forth in the Bible, as the following pages show

*** g85 8/22 p. 21 The Bushman—Africa’s Master of Survival ***

The South African Bushmen even learned how to “innoculate” themselves against snakebite.

• compound complex
    compound complex

You'll be OK, StAnn. You need to stare at clouds more and in printed matter less. I, on the other hand, multitask and do both!

Don't even think about splitting my infinitives, cabasilas! To even think of it is to not value your safety.

Two other gaffes I recall:

I believe it was for the smaller, initial version of the AID book that I found a badly aligned running head in the galleys - Babylon the Great. I sent it back and it was printed as Bablyon the Great and made it into how many copies I don't know.

One we caught was 'serving God with hardy [hearty] purpose.'

CoCo

• JeffT
    JeffT

A perfect example of straining out gnats while swallowing camels. The content of their literature is typo-free bullshit.

• read good books
    read good books

Oh there was one, 1975 was just a typo, 1914 too.

• StAnn
    StAnn

RGB, 1975 wasn't a typo. Remember, they never actually put it in writing (so they say).

1914, well, you got me there....!

JeffT, see introductory paragraph. I agree with you wholeheartedly and am happified that you are not duped.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

Leolaia, when the bushmen inoculated themselves, did they inoculate themselves with pus like in them bad, prohibited vaccines?

StAnn

• St George of England
    St George of England

It depends on where you live! Here in the U.K. we use ENGLISH English so there are spelling errors in every paragraph. Very confusing for youngsters and I blame my poor spelling on reading US material when I was young.

The Revelation book was ridiculous; SULPHUR and SULFUR in the same paragraph depending on whether it was a Bible quote or not.

George

• wobble
    wobble

One Watchtower many years ago contained a random sic , used to show that something is being reproduced as it was originally written.

The contortions that some went through were a joy to behold ,as they tried to make sense of why it was there, finally a sensible Bro. put up his hand and said:

"Let's just admit the WT made a mistake"

That ended all the discussion, and made all the previous answerers, who just could not believe a typo in their wonderful WT, look very silly.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

... and then .... when you show your Dubbie something like "Righteous Requirements" from the 1943 July 1st Watchtower, they want to pretend there has been a mistake in the grammar, or that you missunderstand the grammar.

Cheers

Chris

• wobble
    wobble

Chris, could you give us a link to that WT ?

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit