No typos or grammatical errors ever????

by StAnn 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StAnn
    StAnn

It's funny you bring that up, I was just thinking about that this afternoon.

LostNFound, what is wrong with us?! Surely we have better things to think about. Only ex-JWs can understand each other, hey?

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

CoCo, maybe those older proofreaders were apostates trying to fly under the radar!

R7, you are correct.

Tammy, I would NEVER encourage anyone to actually read a WT!

MF31, interesting. I was out in 1987 so that must have been afterward or I'd have noticed.

StAnn

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Mistakes are few but do happen.

I remember when it was realized that the endsheets for the 1975 Yearbook had mispelled Wallkill, New York as "Walkill, New York" (with only 3 "Ls" instead of 4).

They had printed a whole bunch of endsheets already and they didn't want to throw the misprints away. So, it was decided to send the mispelled endsheets to overseas countries. The US copies got the right spelling (I guess they figured it wouldn't be as noticeable out of the country).

So, if you have a 1975 Yearbook with the mispelled Wallkill, it's probably worth something! :)

• StAnn
    StAnn

CoCo, the WTS has made me so anal that I will read through junk mail, mark some of the errors in red, put the offending flyers in the postpaid reply envelopes, and send them back to the sender. I always feel that, if they want my business, they need to prove they are careful and pay attention to details. If they can't send out good advertising, why should I believe they've paid close attention to the design and manufacture of the product they're trying to sell? Man, the stuff being raised 'Hovie does to your mind.

Oh, and I don't apply those same standards to my posts here, don't ya know.

StAnn

• tec
    tec

StAnn - I was just teasing :)

I suck at humor and jokes.

Tammy

• StAnn
    StAnn

Cabasilas, as a tightwad, I can appreciate that logic.

Tammy, I know you were teasing....!

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

My evening has been so HAPPIFIED by this thread. I'm still LOL about this new word. The cat is staring at me; he's used to me yelling at him, not laughing.

StAnn

• tec
    tec

Tammy, I know you were teasing....!

LOL - Maybe I just suck at getting humor and jokes :)

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I remember reading Barbara Gruzzuti Harrison talking about finding split infinitives in Watchtower literature when she was a proofreader back in the 1950s.

BTW, her book Visions of Glory is now available in PDF from Freeminds:

http://www.freeminds-store.com/downloads/visions-of-glory.html

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Revelation book has one or a couple typos if I remember correctly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit