No typos or grammatical errors ever????

by StAnn 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StAnn
    StAnn

Seems to me that, despite the fact that the content of the WTS literatrash is crap, I've never seen a typo or grammatical error in the lit. Anybody ever noticed this or ever found instances of errors? And, if there are no errors, how do they manage that? No other publishing company can manage that.

Just things I think about late at night.

StAnn

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I am happified at that for them.

And I have noticed others.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Happified. Oh, I love that. That's my new word for the week!

StAnn

• LostnFound
    LostnFound

It's funny you bring that up, I was just thinking about that this afternoon. When I was younger, my dad told me that proved to him that it was 'inspired by God' and that the WTS were 'inspired by God' because professional literature, text books, etc make mistakes. (My parents still go to meetings).

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, StAnn:

You're correct. Mistakes in Society publications are few.

I was a proofreader in Brooklyn and we went over the galleys many times to assure utmost quality. I do recall, however, some of the older proofreaders having marked goofs on the back flyleaf of already printed books ...

Whoops - too late!

CoCo

PS: we sent many queries to the editor over incorrect information; we were generally correct. One entry I recall was "ruffled grouse." No such critter!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

"When I was younger, my dad told me that proved to him that it was 'inspired by God' and that the WTS were 'inspired by God' because professional literature, text books, etc make mistakes"

You mean the same way that they never make any mistakes with their teachings?

• Robert7
    Robert7

They need to have their proofreaders actually validate the facts of what's being written, instead of just focusing on grammer.

• tec
    tec

This seems like a tricky way to challenge me; to get me to search the magazines to try and find a mistake.

Tammy

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Years ago, at the WT study one sunday - there was a paragraph that said "in Abraham's 100th year". But the reader's magazine said "in Abaham's 99th year". We compared quite a few magazines after the meeting and sure enough, some said 100th and some said 99th.

This was way back, not sure exactly but definitely prior to 1992.

-mentallyfree31-

• StAnn
    StAnn

MrFreeze, it doesn't matter what the teachings are. They're selling the sizzle, not the rancid steak. Perfectly typed, professional looking literature is a disguise for what's inside the covers.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit