God, Gays & Evangelicals

by alice.in.wonderland 82 Replies latest social relationships

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I'm not trying to portray myself as high and mighty You're sure doing a good job of it.

(maybe defensive after reading the stuff you and others send me).

Most ex-Christians I've spoken to have lost confidence in God and have abandoned organized religion altogether. What does organized religion have to do with anything? Can I not be a spiritual person on my own? No wait don't answer that, I know what you'll say in all likelyhood.

Their focus is not isolated into a relatively small religious group like JWs. Their objective (in the context of metaphysics) is to keep religion out of government and education and convince believers that God doesn’t exist. Religion should stay out of Govt. and education but I doubt very seriously if any of these Ex Christians as you call them, give two shits whether you or anyone else beleives in anything, much less God.

They sincerely believe this is a real contribution to society. For whatever reason your thinking is consolidated into what you perceive as a cult. Are you an atheist, agnostic or a theist?

I'm like Popeye, I yam what I yam, and what I yam is someone who isn't sure if God exists and really doesn't care.

If I had to give a religion, I would say somewhere between Jedi and Zen or Pure Land Buddhism.

Have a good evening. I'm serious about that. I harbor no ill will towards you.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I yam is someone who isn't sure if God exists and really doesn't care.

sooner - you may be interested in this site :)

http://www.uctaa.net/

I love their motto: "We don't know, and we don't care" :)

There are sometimes interesting discussions on it too as well as the occasional laugh.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Most ex-Christians I've spoken to have lost confidence in God and have abandoned organized religion altogether. Their focus is not isolated into a relatively small religious group like JWs.

We are not 'Most ex-Christians'. We are all here because we have had some type of involvement with JWs, hence the focus you see here.

To me, all high control groups are dangerous and Mormons, Moonies, Scientologists and street preachers pedaling their various Apocalypses are treated the same. The only reason the JWs have any more importance to me than the rest is because they just happen to be the group that I had the misfortune to be born into. I am part a large JW family that originally apostacised from Christianity before WWII. I am sure that if the Mormons had beaten the JWs to knock on my grandmother's door, I would now be on a Mormon website having my character called into question for wanting to discuss the DNA evidence for the Native Americans being a lost tribe of Israel.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit