which are the strong points of the WT?

by marcopolo 107 Replies latest jw friends

• ssn587
    ssn587

IMO it is the overwhelming stench of the BS coming from their talks, DC's SAD's etc. their theo school, just the hall itself. That stench is overpowering and cause untold harm to those exposed to it.

The fawning of the elders over the visit of the CO the DO their brown lips and noses after the visit highlight their obvious inclination to suck up to them.

The stench is just overpowering in my estimation.

• debator
    debator

Hi Outlaw

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The subject is about YHWH(well even these letters are a transliteration of the original Hebrew word for Jehovah since we cannot write the language)

The Simple question is... Can we use transliterated words for bible names in other languages? Yes

Why?

Because the bible itself does!

Therefore using the English version of Jehovah (whatever it's origin) is quite okay according to the Bible.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

............They make awesome Robots!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

debator, our common ground is on your last post...transliteration is acceptable...however the NWT is not pioneer is actual restoral of the Divine name- which would apply to the OT for which we have supporting documents. The american Standard Version was published in 1901 and restored the Divine name to the OT about 7000 times. The NT has no such documentation and amounts to restoring something never there, or specifcally adding to the word of God.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Debator wrote-

The subject is about YHWH(well even these letters are a transliteration of the original Hebrew word for Jehovah since we cannot write the language)

The Simple question is... Can we use transliterated words for bible names in other languages?

My answer is no. Why, because no one ever called God by his name. The YHWH name was written because you never spoke the name of God. That's why is it unpronounceable that's why it has always been that way.

The one name you need to call on for salvation is the Savior-Jesus Christ

respectfully,

dc

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hi Outlaw
    Sorry for the delayed reply.
    The Simple question is... Can we use transliterated words for bible names in other languages? Yes
    Why?
    Because the bible itself does!
    Therefore using the English version of Jehovah (whatever it's origin) is quite okay according to the Bible.

No..

The subject is not about YHWH..

No matter how many times you try to change the subject to YHWH..

The name Jehovah is a Translation Mistake made by a 14th century Catholic monk..

Nothing will Change that fact..

Including,continueouly trying to change the subject..

This is KFC`s new "Double Down" Chicken Sandwich..

It does`nt make the name Jehovah correct either..

http://blog.themoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/kfc-new-sandwich.jpg

................................ ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

They keep social misfits busy.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Strong points?...there were strong points?

Okay, okay...I sure learned my bible, having read it no less than four times. I still can quote those scriptures. Everyone who knows me asks questions if it is bible-related. No one can take that away from meeee! Even if the JWs say they can...they can't. They lied about that, too!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit