Elder "predicts" how many jws are going to live

by XPeterX 49 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Carla's right.

JWs aren't allowed to meet for non KH meetings anymore so I wonder about the validity of this story.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Got everyone worked up though.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Plenty of witnesses still study the WT at gatherings and picnics.

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Basically - they are insane . They are out of touch with reality
    flipper

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

5thgeneration this story is true.Many Jws prepare for the WT study,underline the answers etc.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Balsam/Ruth said......

Yah I remember those scary Circuit Overseers talks when they came around telling us most of us would not make it that only the most loyal and faithful would survive. I often thought so what is the point of putting forth the effort, I'll just go home and wait for the end and relax. LOL

I recall as a child seeing a relative at family gatherings crying, after a few drinks, "I'll never make it, I'll never make it through Armageddon". I remember thinking at the time, "Then why do you even bother, silly woman?"

She's still a JW "in good standing" today. (And she judges me, as they do. Even though I'm not DF'ed.) Now I realize that it's evidence of possible untreated mental illness and perhaps spousal emotional abuse by her elder husband. Yet isn't that what membership in this cult is, a type of mental illness combined with abuse by so-called loved ones?

Wish this family experience had given me the foresight to avoid being "baptized" into the religion.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Such a good quote, Gayle......

The JWs are a "destroy, destroy, destroy" religion.

Most people on earth are like "Death, disasters, tragedy..."

Jehovah's Witnesses preach "Destruction, yay!!"

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

slimboyfat,

I always hated that expression 'half of us are here to test the other half'. I wonder who coined this wonderful expression? JWs are so full of cliches and anecdotal stories, aren' they?

Anyway, the reason I hate this expression is because it implied that I was supposedly there to allow myself be 'tested' by somebody. How dare anybody presume they should 'test' somebody else!

I suppose I stopped caring at some point whether I was going to be 'saved' or not. After a while you just get numb and realize how hopeless the whole thing is.

• Heaven
    Heaven

So I guess this elder doing the predicting is running ahead of the organization then.

• Alfred
    Alfred

This reminds of when I was working the sound at the KH one night and the announcement was made that "brother Cigar Smoker is no longer a JW". An elder standing just a few feet from me whispered to another elder: "One down, two more to go" as if this was cause for celebration. This made me sick to my stomach... I don't know why, but that made me extremely angry for weeks.

That being said, I rarely noticed any genuine love in any of the 4 congos I've been in. Any so-called "christian love" was really just birds of a feather (pio-sneers, ass-kissers, etc.) flocking together while practically ignoring the "weak" ones or considering them "bad association" or "dangerous" to the spiritual well-being of the congo...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit