DVD "JW's Faith In Action, part 1 Out of Darkness" Omits! Omits! Omits!

by Wasanelder Once 202 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donuthole
    donuthole

Thanks for the link Black Sheet -- now for a working one. :-)

Anybody care to share? Please don't make me go back to the DC! Please think of my children!

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

I agree that setting it up as a torrent would be a great idea. Maybe if someone could get a copy to someone who knows how to set up a torrent. I know how to download a torrent, but I haven't figured out how set one up yet. Whoever sets it up could put it in as something like you did Black Sheep (give it a title different from what it is) and then PM everyone what to search for on The Pirate Bay or something like that. On the other hand that would mean that everyone would have to be torrent savy.

• Titus
    Titus

Understand me. I am active Witness. Have many responsibilities in the congregation. Family still in.

If they sue me for their copyright, I will be in double problem.

• Beware of false prophets
    Beware of false prophets

Totally understood Titus.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Just finished the DVD. It was a pretty impressive presentation as far as quality goes. Their video production department is really coming along. Content aside this wouldn't be out of place on cable TV.

Some brief thoughts -- it seems that as time moves along the Witnesses are moving away from factual details of their history and settling on a story version. Just as the books on prophecy have gotten more watered down over the years it looks like the official Watchtower history is going the same route. This presentation trims down the information in the Proclaimers book and gives a more streamlined version, hitting what they believe are the important aspects of their history. The part about what was expected in 1914 was very skewed if not outright false. Further the villification of those who opposed the release of the Finish Mystery was very twisted. The dramatization of the account had the directors of the Society violently yelling at a Rutherford who sat meekly in the face of their assault.

It heavily promotes the "preaching work", even going so far as to give an artists depiction of a couple of first century Christians going door to door handing out scrolls.

This new DVD gives plenty of face time to Governing Body, keeping with a trend I picked up on last year. It seemed that they all had their time before the camera. This is a move away from the more obscure classic Governing Body.

• donuthole
    donuthole

I watched the video again uninterrupted on my TV and had an additional comment.

The Nelson Babour affair was a total gloss. They talk about Russell coming into association with Barbour, however, the omit the contributions that Barbour made to Russell's (and JW's) end-times chronology. Later in the video they imply that Russell came up with 1914 quite independently, when in reality he adopted Barbour's views. (Barbour himself received them from others.) Here too there is a level of dishonesty. As they talk about Russell and 1914 they show a chart starting in 607 and ending in 1914, but the chronology Russell obtained from Barbour originally and mistakingly used the start date of 606. (An error that would not be corrected until Fred Franz reworked it.)

• yesidid
    yesidid

Excuse me, Joker 10

I must say if you have nothing else you have hide.

You are a JW apologist who only comes on here to deride us

but you have the cheek to ask for a link to a DVD you will get at the

DC. WOW.

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

hey, can someone send me the link? I cant pm anybody as seemingly I don't have that option?

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

I'm a bit late, but I would love to receive the link as well.

Thank you so much in advance!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

To PM a person, you must click on their name. That will bring you to a page with their information (usually lack of information). One of the links from that page will be to Send them a Message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit