To Anyone at Bethel-Please pick up Ray's Torch

by WalkTall 19 Replies latest jw friends

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

I did not think it was possible to grieve for someone you have never met. But I feel such an overwhelming sadness at the loss of Ray. I did receive kind replies to two emails that I sent him, but I never had the pleasure to meet the man. I guess the feeling of sadness is for what we have all lost.

I only hope that there is someone, higher up on the Bethel food chain, maybe even on the GB, who will examine their heart, as Ray did, and come to terms with the fact that they are not some special messengers of God. Admit to themselves, what they have to know deep down inside, that the thirst for domination over other people's lives is spiraling out of control. Have the courage to stand up for all the people who are in pain, all the people whose lives are being shattered by mere men whose egos have gone wild. Thirty years ago a middle aged man did just that. He went through hardships because of it, but he was able to die with a clean conscience and a pure heart that he did what he could. You can too. To anyone at Bethel that might be here and reading this, the torch can be passed.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Torch? Don't you mean cross?

• snowbird
    snowbird

WalkTall, you said it!

Psychotic, isn't it time for a chill pill?

Syl

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

BREAKING NEWS: Raymond Franz to be buried in the newly discovered tomb of Jesus Christ.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Open wide, Psychotic.

There, don't you feel better?

Syl

• undercover
    undercover

Ya know, PP...

You don't have to like the guy... you don't have to respect him...

But can't you let those who did like him, respect him and felt gratitude toward him grieve and show condolences without being a total asshole? You already started a thread with your snide...keep it there and out of other people's threads.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I think people like PP are the reasons Ray's wishes were that there was to be no memorial service. You never know what kind of nuts would show up and try to make life miserable for Cynthia. If people like PP would do that on this board...there would be those who showed up to do the same in person.

Coffee

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

You're right coffee_black. I never really considered that. It's incomprehensible to me.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Ray didn't decide that he would be the next William Schnell or Barbara Grazutti Harrison or Tony Wills.

I doubt that he would ask anyone to be like him.

He would ask people to look into their own consciences and be who they were meant to be.

• designs
    designs

It is an intriguing question as to whether a GB member would leave like Ray did. Is this issue of Generation as strong as the 75 issue. Will it be the final straw for someone at the GB level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit