How I left Jehovah's Witnesses/Maeve Courteau

by not a captive 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• not a captive
    not a captive

That was it , Tammy. As we see on this discussion forum, even when we agree on the basics there are still differences. By the time the process was over I realized that in their ruthless quest to make us speak the "pure language", they reduced us to a monosyllabic groan.

It was obvious that the WTS does not value the relationship that each believer must cherish and develop with the Father and Son with their whole heart, mind, soul and strength. That was the issue in the end.

I love that you have the Christian strength and the delicacy to agree AND disagree with me. That is why I call you "sister".

• not a captive
    not a captive

Sylvia, I got brave after I got desperate. (Is that being brave?) But thanks for your kind words! Girl, you have got the lively threads--I get a lot of R&R at your house.(((((Syl)))))

Room215--Yes, it was a long letter because they were having to deal with the reference material from their own volumes! That was the sick part. They were going to have to destroy my confidence in their own reasoning to bring me into the fold again. As I said, it was a real mind-bender. But--I recovered my faith.

Soldier77--Thanks for the kind words. Not so much courage as "fox-hole faith". I had to fight for my spiritual life. As Tammy noted above, my bible thinking may be off, but my conscience couldn't move without crushing my relationship with God. God is more merciful than the FDS.

• snowbird
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Not a Captive said:

in their ruthless quest to make us speak the "pure language", they reduced us to a monosyllabic groan.

Wow, what a great quote! And thank you so very much for your letters.

(As a side note, I wonder if you might want to mark out your address? Just as an online concern.)

Love,
    Baba.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Thanks, Baba, I am bailing out of these premises as I type so --good luck for any who think that live here! Posting the letters (My son did it thanks to your info) was important as I'll lose my internet when I am all packed out. And it was important to leave behind the hang-dog feeling of being not the right sort of true Christian. That was a lingering sickness for a while--But no more! I want to put the reality out there--at least mine . This Organization walks on ordinary people who are just trying to serve God.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bless you, Not a Captive, and thank you!

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Thanks for posting this because I think it's an excellent reminder that you NEVER know what is going to make someone leave the organization - we get alot of posts here along the lines of "What should I say to my family/spouse/friends" and then the standard responses - 607, blood, pedophiles, etc etc - but we should always remember that it's going to be different for each person. Better to ask questions and find out what is important to each individual. Hope your move goes well and you continue to find much happiness.

• tec
    tec

That is why I call you "sister".

Thank you, Maeve!

I feel the same. I'll miss you when you're not around an internet.

Tammy

• not a captive
    not a captive

I'm bumping this as a Post Script to the thread "Reading people's hearts" as some have mentioned this post for its content pertinent to the recent discussion.

These are the scans of correspondence over the year of 2009. My references and research and the Branch's response to issues surrounding the things we were supposed to teach about God's test of Abraham at Genesis 22.

Of course, no surprise , I'm no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit