How NOT to Fade...

by zeroday* 5 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

When I finally made up mind to fade in I thought it would be easy. So what did I do? Brilliant actually I wrote an Elder a letter and said I wouldn't be at the meetings for a while. Genius if you ask me. Needless to say it was a flop. I knew I would have the dodge them forever knowing they would try anything to find dirt on me and DF me. So I then decided I had to cut it clean and wrote my DA letter...

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

You just didn't want to put up with any bull$hit. That is all!

Kit

• moshe
    moshe
    Genius if you ask me. Needless to say it was a flop.

Fading = continual lying, and that is why fading wears you down after awhile. If you want to fade you have to make the elders be glad you aren't at the meetings. The letter should have told a whopper of a story, like how you were going to Mexico for treatments for a potentially fatal disease, then come back and call them up. Tell them how bad things are and you are feeling too bad to come to meetings. if the elders offer a shepherding call, l would say, YES, come right away. Then, if the elders do show up invite them in and begin talking about all the stuff you need help with- car repairs , cleaning, rent, gas, lay it on big time.( don't actually take the help, just talk about it) Tell them the next time they come back you they can discuss how they will help you. That will probably be the last time you will see those elders and when they see you out in public, those elders will go to the other side of the street hoping you don't ask them why they didn't come back to help you. The needier you are the easier it is for the JW's to forget about you.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Very true, Moshe!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you tell the hounders you are taking time out, they will start hounding you. They believe that no one has that right.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Moshe's comment that the needier your are the faster they forget you, or something like that is very true, in my experience, i remember a family years ago, father laid up in a bed at home had major major back surgery, no money coming in, it was brought up to the elders and not once did the po, secretary, his book study conductor, or any other but a new elder ever come and see him, His situation was brought up in an elder's meeting and then quickly shoved aside as there were more than a few there that didn't like him and thought he was missing too many meetings. My family tried to help as we could as they had absolutely no $$$ coming in and were really destitute, the congregation didn't even pony up any $$$ to help that family, no did any bro's come and mow lawn or help out in any way. It was out of sight and out of mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit