How Long Did It Actually Take You To Leave The Organization?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I started reading "apostate" books when I was a teen at the library. It was more curiousity than anything else. At home, I used to read all the old publications and I'd notice how beliefs had changed.

With Ray Franz's books that I read clandestinely, I started to realize the truth about "The Truth". Still, it took me years before I could finally make the break.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Once I decided to leave..I was gone..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

For my daughter's sake, I hung around for a minute, trying desperately to make it not be so.

No good.

I had to exit.

Syl

• IronHill
    IronHill

It took me seven years of doubting and questioning, before finally leaving it all behind.

• blondie
    blondie

Once we decided we were gone....gone...gone

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Less than six months.

• minimus
    minimus

You folks are good!

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

3 years. Three... very.... loooonnnnngggggg years. It was painful to say the least but once I left, it felt so much better!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Hey everyone! I guess it's time to see what's happening out here in good ole JWD! Sorry for my absence, just had other pressing matters in life, but I haven't forgotten all my dear friends in here. So, what's new? Like over the last year and a halk, LOL

NMG

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

From the time I allowed myself to honestly question...it took about 2 years. I had been raised as a jw, so it's all I ever knew. Gave it every possible benefit of the doubt, but in the end, my conscience wouldn't allow me to be part of it any more.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit