MEMORIAL TIME AGAIN

by picosito 32 Replies latest jw friends

• picosito
    picosito

Can ya believe it? Another Memorial!!! Who's going to do the talk, the prayers over the emblems, prayer before meeting. Taking the emblems to the audience and watching people hand the food around, hoping the wine glass is not viciously grabbed by some little kid. (Imagine people just staring at the Thanksgiving turkey with a glaze in their eyes, not being able to eat). Bro. Abuson can't give the talk anymore, even tho one of the anointed, because of that family sexual abuse problem that jumped out of his closet. Wow, he can't do anything except breathe for privileges. What a shame. We'll choose a speaker thru Holy Spirit. Eenie, meenie, miney, moe. Well, we'll still be able to hear Bro. Abuson's crunching and slurping anyway, so All Is Not Lost. Prayer after meeting. Ushers. Parking attendants. What time do we do it. Three congregations. Timing of emblems AFTER sundown. Appoint Bro. Chronometry. Let's see, have we forgotten anything? We'll be the last ones this time...YAWN. Getting up to go to work after such a late meeting. Hope I don't fall asleep on my desk like last year. Could get demoted.
    They'll be coming out of the woodwork. People I never saw before. Mostly inactive JW's doing their Easter day of Obligation. Why do they all bother. Jesus must be abusive. Imagine inviting many people over to dinner to just look at the food, not to smell or taste it, except one or two people. Doesn't add up, really. Gawd, I think I can't do this anymore!!!

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

*shudders* I'm so glad I don't celebrate that, it's against my religion.

closer

Failing is not falling, it is staying down and not picking yourself back up!
  • Fredhall
    Fredhall

Picosito,

Are you fogetting what the memorial is all about? Pass the wine and bread!!!

• JanH
    JanH

freddie,

Are you fogetting what the memorial is all about? Pass the wine and bread!!!

Exactly. About passing.

I'm certainly not a believer in Christianity or its odd pseudo-cannibalistic rituals, but I have to point out that the JW version of this ritual seems to be created as a mock insult to Christianity. One could imagine Satanists coming up with such a ploy. Gather together, talk about how important these emblems are, and then everybody in the hall refuses to accept them, one by one. Pretty neat!

Besides, it's the most darned boring ritual of any religion ever (I hope it is; I'd hate to think some people suffered more).

- Jan
    --

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

JanH,

The reason why the memoral is boring to you is because you don't appreciate Jesus ransom sacrifice for mankind.

• more2C
    more2C

I'm not looking forward to the Memorial this year, either. All the phony hello's and the "Haven't seen you in soooo loooong..." Drives me crazy. But the rest of the family puts up a front by attending to please my dad. Plus, I think there is a stigma by not attending. I would rather go and sit there for a couple of hours, one night a year. Than face the next visit of elders who "Just happened to be in your neighborhood to "encourage" you."
    The best part: Coming home and talking about how old so and so is.
    The worst: Knowing that you will have to go next year, too.

more2C

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

More2C,

Don't come to memoral for phoney hello's, come because Jesus died for you.

• JanH
    JanH

Fredhall,

I don't see how serious substance abuse of a (sometimes) decent bottle of wine is in any way showing appreciation for someone who was called a drunkard in his time. You can keep the "bread", but refusing to drink wine offered to you is a serious sin in my religion!

- Jan
    --

• Celia
    Celia

Fred,
    Jesus said "Eat" and "Drink",
    He didn't say "Pass" the food and the drink, look at it but don't touch it !
    And you can partake every day if you want to, just go to a Catholic mass !

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

JanH,

Jesus didn't tell us to get drunk off his blood. Plus, nobody could not prove he was a drunkard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit