Day 2 of the Convention is over ... what's missing?

by wannabefree 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Day number 2 is done.

There was an audio drama, sure, it adds some excitement, hey, its different.

Final talk "Stay Close to Jehovah, as Jeremiah Did" ended with the release of the book ... God's Word For Us Through Jeremiah ... not a verse by verse consideration of prophecy, rather, what we can learn from Jeremiah's life as a prophet, considers information from Jeremiah and Lamentations. (Of course informed readers of this site knew of this release already.)

Noticibly missing ... Jesus Christ ... to me it was painfully obvious.

One talk I think was numbing our mind to accept the generation bomb tomorrow.

I couldn't help but realize that throughout the convention so far, the vast majority of scriptural references are from Old Testament (yes, it was hard not to say Hebrew Scriptures, so I just did).

I didn't realize it so much in the past, but it seems like Jehovah's Witnesses are trying to accomplish what the nation of Israel couldn't, follow laws. It seems so obvious now. Didn't Jesus free us from that?

Plenty of guilt to go around ... Jeremiah was single (while no RULE is made to stay single today, a brief comment) advantages of single and/or childless life obvious.

Jehovah blessed a Pioneer with new tires ... too bad about the 4 that got killed when their car went out of control and landed upside down in water and the recent young man who got hit by the car and pinned to the wall ... don't cry, the tires were important.

What else ... ? It hurts to try and remember.

• dudeson
    dudeson

It may be none of my business, but why did you go the convention?

• moshe
    moshe
    too bad about the 4 that got killed when their car went out of control and landed upside down in water

And there was the airplane crash a few years back in Tennessee that killed 5 or was it 6 JW's who were on a regional building committee. That crash was due to pilot error, which Jehovah could have prevented. Those WT stories are always so lame, compared to the ones you hear in churches. Instead of 4 tires, they tell of how a Christian raised the money for a soup kitchen, or a million dollars for a sick child who needed heart surgery.

• Heaven
    Heaven

wannabefree... I sure hope you have a special someone who can massage your butt for you later on.

• Gayle
    Gayle

What was "different," "excitment" about the 'audio' drama? Nothing visual? just a tape recording type of thing?

Looking forward to your report on tomorrow. Will there be an applause about the new light "generation(s)"? Will everyone just be so happy? Will anyone dare let it be known that they don't really understand this new thought or revelation?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

@ Heaven Best comment by far. : )

• Mary
    Mary
    One talk I think was numbing our mind to accept the generation bomb tomorrow.

Has anyone taped this and put it on here yet??

• yknot
    yknot

Thank you for going!

I too remember my first DC after awakening....... yes mostly Heb Scriptures.

In fact the only time they ever seem to use the Greek scriptures is to remind us they are the FDS, how to act, who to shun, what to shun and why the end is nigh.......but hey remember the GS are really for the anointed only!

Why should they talk about JC to us, he isn't our mediator we have no personal relationship with him or JG .......no we are only in association with the FDS.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They can call themselves whatever they wish, but to me they're the "Imaginary Israelites."

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Why am I going? I have only been awakened recently and have immediate family ... plus I promised Yknot

I have been recording.

I sure could use that massage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit