What Perplexes You About Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I recently sat with one of my closest friends....and threw out the Generation teaching.

He had no clue what I was talking about.....or what happened in 1919

I am DAILY.....and I do mean DAILY amazed that the VAST MAJORITY OF JW's know NOTHING about their faith. Absolutely nothing.

It just blows my mind!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

ignorance is bliss

• donny
    donny

What perplexes me is how many articles in the magazines over the years talk about:

1. Having an open mind and look at things based on evidence.

2. Do not believe something just becuase someone says it's true

3. People should not be shunned just because they have differing beliefs.

4. Stating that people who predict something that proves false is a false prophet.

5. Religions who change teachings are not of God.

And yet they never see themselves in any of these examples. It is always the "other" religions.

Donny

• minimus
    minimus

excellent thoughts

• carla
    carla

Everything, absolutely everything. Here is one I really don't get, why do they allow their blood to be mingled with animal blood? with how freaked out they are about blood in general I would think allowing any blood products made from animal blood to horrify them, but it doesn't.

How are all the men able to exhibit that same icky jw smirk? even if it does not belong to their own facial expressions? used particularly when they are feeling super zealous and are losing the battle.

How can a jw say with a straight face that they are a family orientated group? Considering how they view non jw's (when with the jw family mob) how they treat df'd, shunning, etc....

New light and flip flops- I am not even able to articulate how much that one perplexes me! beats the hell outta me how they can just accept some 'new' light when they were a jw when is was new light, changed, and now considered 'new' light again.

I could go on all day but this will suffice for now.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What Perplexes You About Jehovah's Witnesses?

Their utter stupidity. For more than 100 years they've been preaching and publishing their contempt and condemnation of other religions, governments, entertainment, medical profession, education, business, lifestyles, etc., yet are too stupid to understand the real reason why "the world" hates them. Rather than seeing the fault in themselves they blame Satan when they reap the contempt they have sown.

W

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

It perplexes me how they don't feel compelled at this point to apologise for all the mistakes, show some humility, ease-up on their demands and accept some level of JWs being able to scripturally differ from their staunch opinions when their own conscience deems so.

If they just lightened the friggin' load already and quit being so Pharisaical, so many more would stay.

It also perplexes me how they stubbornly stick to the literal interpretation of the 144,000. It's so ridiculous at this point that I just don't get how they stick with it.

WT: Everyone in the first-century congregation were of the anointed.

Josephus: There were between 250,000 and a half million first-century Christians.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I don't understand how people who are as ordinary, flawed, chaotic, and misguided as everyone else can claim to be the only ones who will be saved at Armageddon.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I am DAILY.....and I do mean DAILY amazed that the VAST MAJORITY OF JW's know NOTHING about their faith. Absolutely nothing.

We see it very often here when an "unbelieving" non-JW husband or wife logs on to learn more about this organization. Rapidly, they almost always discover that they suddenly know more about JWs than the JW mate.

This is doubly perplexing because of the sheer number of meetings and amount of time the JWs spend doing mind-control studies of their own literature at the kingdom hall.

Guess they are just sitting through it all like zombies - or else those meetings don't really touch on the actual core beliefs.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I am perplexed that the JWs who are aware of the corruption cannot take that awareness a step further and get the hell out of there.

"How are all the men able to exhibit that same icky jw smirk?" Carla - lol it's almost a mutation isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit