I am thinking about converting the laundry room to something else.

by asilentone 33 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I was thinking about having the washer and dryer downstairs in the basement. I would like to know what should I convert laundry room to ?????. It is not going to be the bathroom, any ideas, suggestions. Thanks!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Home office?

Are there windows and/or a door leading to the outside?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes the laundry room has one window and door to the outside on the right side of the house. I might convert it to a coat room, I just thought about it one minute ago.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would still welcome some more suggestions. Thanks!

• journey-on
    journey-on

How large is it? My laundry room is about 9' x 12' with two utility closets. If I moved the washer and dryer, it would almost be large enough for a small bedroom. If you have a door that leads to the outside, you could use it for a mud room. Just an idea especially if you have kids going in and out or if you work in the garden or yard a lot.

• asilentone
    asilentone

It is smaller than your laundry room, a bedroom will not fit there. I do not think I will convert it to mud room.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

If it's next to the master bedroom - a wet bar. You've already got the plumbing. ;)

(My laundry is in a closet in the master bedroom - making it perfect for a little bar. Unfortunately, it's also perfect for doing laundry in, since I don't have to take my clothes downstairs, and I don't use the bedroom during the day, so having the noise in there is fine.)

EDIT: Oh, missed the post about it's position. Sounds more like a place for a storage/utility/coat room.

- Lime

• asilentone
    asilentone

a wet bar sounds good beside the kitchen. I will think about it! Thanks!

• journey-on
    journey-on

A hobby/craft area. A file room to store stuff. A small library. A parent's retreat. A hot tub area.

• asilentone
    asilentone

HintofLime, I am responding to your edited comment, it is okay, I might improvise to put a wet bar there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit