GB closing down and selling Central American Branches to be serviced out of Mexican Branch

by cattails 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

Not to be mean to anyone, but I don't think the Catholic Church would ever buy a Kingdom Hall. Those are too simple buildings.

• jam
    jam

Iam sure that Belize will close their Branch since they are neighbors of Mexico. When I serve in Belize in

the mid 70,s ,the branch overseerer and I became close friends, (K. Woods and his wife). Soon after we return

to the states K. Woods and his wife also return to start A family in Calif. my old cong. It,s good he made the move,

because of his age now late 60,s or early 70,s. When he return he work with my brother in law and others and became a electrician.

So it was A good move .

• metatron
    metatron

I can't see much savings in this, frankly. The primary expenses in these countries relates to magazine production and if they sell off the presses, they'll be stuck with shipping costs and possible customs hassles with that.

I believe they are getting desperate to cut expenses. They are running out of low hanging fruit to pick. The big nasty cuts involve the Awake, missionary homes and Circuit Overseers.

metatron

• ziddina
    ziddina

DGP - Naaaa, you're not being mean!!! You're just stating your opinion!

I thought it was a 'Bethel-like' headquarters that is being sold; I could see the Catholic Church turning it into an orphanage, or a hospital...

Something that would actually benefit people directly...

Zid

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

After analyzing the matter with the committees of the six branches in Central America, the Governing Body has determined to centralize the supervision of the Kingdom work carried out in those countries.This will be implemented in the coming months, and it will be the branch in Mexico that will be in charge of supervising the work in these territories.

I had to laugh when I read that description. Yeah, I'm sure the six branches were eager to consider that proposal. "So, if we understand this correctly, the plan is to eliminate...us? That does seem like the most prudent option. Let's do it!"

SNG

• cattails
    cattails

With so many "Branches" in little countries the WTS runs the risk of some big plans filtering out.

Cutting down on branches also helps control who has access to highly confidential information.

The cost cutting gained from the closure of these offices can't really be much. They would of course

still maintain Special Pioneers, especially those who had high offices and know a lot of confidential

information.

It's to me another example of the WTS rounding up the wagons mentality.

• dgp
    dgp

Does anyone think that the mice will play, now that the cat will be away?

• dgp
    dgp

Also, couldn't the general trend to cut down on operations just be their way to stay slim and more profitable?

• happyexjw
    happyexjw

I just visited my parents who are still JW's after 40 years, I was disfellowsipped 15 years ago. My dad is in his last stages of cancer, thats why im allowed around there aparrently its a "Need" so the elders said.

Anyway, I read this feed last night and got quite excited but didnt want to get my hopes to high. When I was at my parents I picked up their Examining the Scrpitures daily, and it certainly was not of the quality they used to print their vile on. Remember when cover and pages where of good thick quality...now the pages are like that of the bible and the cover that of a simple notpad.

I asked my mum about the quality of it she said "well they are cutting down on things", obviously due their evil mind control its not her place to question, reason or have any sense of the real world . With their clousure of their branches also, they are starting to fall. They are losing their grip on our families, the loved ones we left behind. Closures of branches + publications printed on cheap paper + no food at assmemblys + child sex abuse claims = Big moeny problems = less and less donations = numbers going down = people waking up and seeing the evil cult for what it is ......thank "god" for the internet!!!

Big hugs to all

• metatron
    metatron

Forget about "plans" being leaked. I doubt that the local branch guys know anything of importance. However, these guys DO KNOW a lot about concealed scandals and embarrassing coverups. Stuff like Mexico/Malawi and how locals may get a pass on voting or how Brother HomoErectus was "acting while under a spell" when he boned that sister, who secretly may have practised witchcraft. Or how useless Gilead missionaries can be because the organization doesn't give them enough practical support and they get their health wrecked by airborne amoebas and glandular fever.

Sorry! I was rambling.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit