"You Would Make a Good Pioneer!" - May 2010 Our Kingdom Ministry

by pirata 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pirata
    pirata

"You Would Make a Good Pioneer!"

1. How did one sister feel about her pioneer ministry?

1 "I could not have found any other work that could have brought me as much contentment or could have been so spiritually rewarding." So said Kathe B. Palm. She spent decades as a selfless pioneer minister witnessing from one end of Chile, South America, to the other. Thinking of the rewarding life of those in full-time service, perhaps someone has said to you: "You would make a good pioneer!"

2. Explain why deep satisfaction is gained from spiritual activities.

2 A Satisfying Way of Life: Our Model, Jesus, found genuine refreshment in doing his Father's will. (John 4:34) Therefore, it was with sincerity that Jesus taught his followers that real satisfaction results from engaging in activities related to the worship of Jehovah. We are content when our lives are filled with works that bring Jehovah's approval. Additionally, as we give more time, energy, and resources to help others, we increase our happiness.- Acts 20:31, 35.

3. What joy may we experience from spending increased time in the ministry?

3 The more time we spend in the ministry, the more opportunities we have to experience the joy of starting and conducting Bible studies. Even where many householders seem apathetic, we may find that our territory is more productive than we first thought as we gain experience and skill in the ministry. Pioneers can utilize the wealth of education they receive at the Pioneer Service School after pioneering for about one year. (2 Tim. 2:15) As we persevere, we may very well be planting seeds of truth that will produce fruitage at a later time. -Eccl. 11:6.

4. What should youths nearing graduation consider?

4 Youths: While you are finishing your basic education, have you given careful thought to your future? Until now, your schoolwork largely determined your schedule. How will you fill that vacuum after graduation? Instead of pursuing a secular career, why not prayerfully consider the goal of regular pioneering? The skills you will learn-witnessing to people of different backgrounds, overcoming personal obstacles, cultivating self-discipline, and developing teaching ability-will benefit you throughout life.

Parents, are you doing your part in pointing your children toward full-time service?

5. How can parents and the congregation encourage pioneering?

5 Parents, are you doing your part in pointing your children toward full-time service? Your words and positive example can do much to help them put Kingdom interests first. (Matt. 6:33) Ray, who started pioneering when finishing high school, recalls: "My mom always felt that pioneering results in a most satisfying way of life." All in the congregation can encourage pioneer service by their words and support. Jose, from Spain, states: "My congregation viewed the pioneer work as the best career for young ones. Their comments and appreciation for the pioneer service along with their practical help made it easier for me to start pioneering."

6. What may we do if we do not currently have the desire to pioneer?

6 Overcoming Obstacles: But what if you say, 'I do not have the desire to pioneer.' If that is the way you feel at first, pray to Jehovah about the way you feel and tell him, 'I do not know if pioneering is for me, but I want to do what is pleasing to you.' (Ps. 62:8; Prov. 23:26) Then look for his direction through his Word and organization. Many regular pioneers first "tasted" pioneering as auxiliary pioneers, and the joy they experienced moved them to pursue a career in fulltime service.-Ps. 34:8.

7. How may we overcome doubts that we can reach the monthly requirement of 70 hours?

7 What if you are not sure that you can meet the monthly requirement of 70 hours? Why not speak to pioneers having circumstances similar to yours? (Prov. 15:22) Then write out several possible schedules. You may find that buying out time for the ministry from nonessential activities is easier than you first thought.-Eph. 5:15, 16.

8. Why should we periodically reevaluate our circumstances?

8 Take a Fresh Look: Personal circumstances often change. It is good to reevaluate your situation from time to time. For example, are you nearing retirement from secular employment? Randy, who retired early, says: "This decision has enabled me to start regular pioneering along with my wife, and it has given us the opportunity to move and serve where the need is greater. I have received innumerable blessings for my decision, but the greatest blessing of all is a good conscience."

Jehovah has made preaching the most important work any of us could do.

9. What should married couples consider?

9 Some couples have found after a careful examination that both do not have to work full-time. True, this may require the family to simplify their lifestyle, but it is worth the sacrifice. John, whose wife recently quit her full-time job in order to expand her ministry, relates: "There is no better feeling than to know that my wife is involved in spiritual things during the day."

10. What motivates Christians to consider pioneering?

10 A Demonstration of Love and Faith: Jehovah has made preaching the most important work any of us could do. This old system is soon to be destroyed, and only those calling on Jehovah's name will be saved. (Rom. 10:13) A heart full of love for him and gratitude for what he has done for us will motivate us to obey the commission from his Son to preach zealously. (Matt. 28:19, 20; 1 John 5:3) In addition, having faith that we are indeed living in the last days will move us to do all we can in the ministry while there is yet time, rather than using the world to the full.-1 Cor. 7:29-31.

11. How should we view it if someone tells us that we would make a good pioneer?

11 Regular pioneering is more than a response to an organizational arrangement; it is an expression of our devotion to God. So if someone tells you that you would make a good pioneer, view it as a compliment. And give prayerful consideration to joining those who are engaged in this satisfying avenue of service.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yuck%#C/p>

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Too disgusted to read after paragraph 4. Yes young people, waste valuable time that could be spent getting an education.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

By 'nonessential activities' they no doubt mean living your f***ing life

And the part about parents guilting their children into pioneering is just GAH!

• streets76
    streets76

Where do I sign up?

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

LOL!!

You are breathing and baptized - you would make a good pioneer!!

"I could not have found any other work that could have brought me as much contentment or could have been so spiritually rewarding."

Is she talking about her window washing business or pioneering?

• jambon1
    jambon1

I knew 80% of pioneers who freeloaded from everyone else & desperately tried to blag whatever they could for free. From homes to cars to cakes & bottles of juice after a 'get-together'.

The same pioneers would critiscise those who worked full time so as to be able to afford these very same things.

Pioneers are shameless blaggards.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

6 Overcoming Obstacles: But what if you say, 'I do not have the desire to pioneer.'

Overcoming obstacles.....? If you dont want to do something.....then you dont want to do it ! I remember being told this often from the platform in my former Kingdom Hall........"If you dont have the desire to pioneer, then pray to Jehovah to give you the desire". I hated the ministry. I hated the cold, hated carrying a heavy bag, hated wearing ministry clothes and hated the run down areas we had to work in.

I actually did do that....I prayed for the 'desire' to pioneer. I did end up pioneering...auxilliary, then full time. Did it for about 4yrs. I went to pioneer school and went on trips to the islands at the top of Scotland and preached there. I was used to give experiences and talk about the benefits of pioneering. But......I still hated it. I was actually quite shy back then...and didnt really like getting up and talking and being used in the hall. I realised that I still didnt have the desire to pioneer, but just just had sheer will power to get on with it. I wanted to be looked upon with some credibility. My former KH was a pioneer oriented one...was well known for its good reputation for producing pioneers and for its ministry activities....so if you werent doing it....you were definitely classed as one of the weaker ones and perhaps looked down upon especially if you had the circumstances to pioneer.

I got no joy from it whatsoever. I felt under pressure., and was glad when I actually fell ill with something so that I could skip field service.

That point No. 6 is really just saying....if you're not doing it, then why arent you doing it? Do you have a good enough reason? We need the money...so get out there! Its designed to make you feel guilty and to put a spotlight on yourself and your lifestyle to see what needs adjusting. I think......"No! Its not for me!" is a good enough reason not to do it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Young people, if Jesus Christ is indeed your model, you will NOT get baptized OR begin ANY sort of ministry until you are 30 YEARS OLD!

• designs
    designs

Im sure Nuns feel the same .....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit