Ladies, how do you feel about be called a "weaker vessel"?

by sacolton 50 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

Am I weird? I like the idea of a "stronger" man. I don't want to be as tough as a guy. I want to be soft and feminine. That is if we are talking about "physically" here.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

It doesn't bother me. If the men want to lie to themselves and the women wish to subject themselves to it, well, it's their issue, not mine. Nothing to do with me at all. Besides, it's amusing when they underestimate me.

I guess to be honest, there was one instance where the attitude did piss me off... my Dad had just been through a surgery that was supposed to kill him, they only did it for the medical studies it afforded, they didn't expect him to survive it. So he's in the hospital and some witness came out who was on a committee to visit other witnesses in the hospital... because you have to be on a committee to show brotherly love?!? I don't know. Anyway, he came in and introduced himself to my dad, "Hi, I'm brother John Doe with the whatever committee, you can call me John," and shook his hand. Then to my brother, "Hi, brother John Doe, you can call me John," and shook his hand. Then to me, "Hi, brother John Doe, you can call me Brother Doe." Now normally I'd have laughed about what a pompous ass he was, but I had expected to lose my father that day and was not in the best place emotionally... so, you know, I took it a little personally even as subtle as it was. So, to be fair, it did piss me off once.

At all other times it's been nothing more than a joke because never once in my life have I felt inferior to someone on the basis of their anatomy. ;)

Jackie

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I never really felt it applied to me. I may be weaker than a man physically but that's about the only way I ever felt weaker.

Once again, I feel this is just something to make insecure men there feel better about themselves.

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

JW Speak for Dummies

Weaker Vessel: Another name for female. Missing a penis therefore is dumber. Incapable of making own decisions and is to be avoided. Bleeds monthly and is to be feared. Frequently irrational due to this malfunction, gets worse with age. (See Menopause).

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Am I weird? I like the idea of a "stronger" man. I don't want to be as tough as a guy. I want to be soft and feminine. That is if we are talking about "physically" here.

Nothing wrong with that... but a "stronger" man tied down is just as much at my mercy as any other. ;)

Jackie

• darthfader
    darthfader

My Wife's understanding is that there were two vessles used in most first century homes. One vessle was a lighter/weaker vessle that was use to hold water for drinking and washing. The other was one for "bathroom activities". This vessle has to be more sturdy and contain it's "load" for several days in some cases. So I think that the implication is that men are "full of crap!"

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

lol I like your wife.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Probably when that was written the fear that women could outdo men was happening

and that was their way of having men step up to the plate. lol IDK

I have outworked men on many occasions, not anymore though.

purps

• sacolton
    sacolton

I heard some "weaker vessels" who practice kegels could make a guy beg for mercy.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

What they may lack in physical ability they sure do make up for it in psychological ability!

Although, I have had my ass kicked by a woman... I enjoyed every second of it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit