All I can say about thr finale of "Lost" is...

by changeling 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

But you see dead is not really dead, it is just an in between state before entering a new human life. Reincarnation from Buddhism, Hinduism, Gnostic Christians, Jewish cults all believed that humans live many lives and the present one is just one of many. Then there is the parallel world they experienced and how they had forgotten the Island world. Interesting ideas played out leaving us with as many questions and no real answers. LOL I loved the LOST show and saw every episode.

Ruth

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I've been contemplating the possibilities of an afterlife all day, Balsam - it's something that doesn't really cross my mind very often but the mind sure can take you down some interesting paths when given a nudge!!

undercover - I love Mad Men too.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Undercover,

I think anyone who watches American Idol is a half-wit. Excuse me, I've got to go off and dine with the Queen of England now...

The Queen of England..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

Ok, so I am still trying to comprehend everything. I think the explanations that Terry posted were interesting and well thought out . However, I am still not satisfied. Those explanations would make sense IF they had not left the island and been away for three years before returning. Those three years could not have been real either because apparently Aarron died a baby?? But they didn't just all die immedately when they crashed either because Aaron was born. Had Aaron not been in the church or appeared older I could probably swallow all this better. Also, where is Walt? He went back to the states and went to school, lived his life didn't he? Michael may have been in hell? Who knows!?? I need help! I need concrete answers. Just as lost as I have ever been.... : (

• changeling
    changeling

Nice article, Terry. Thanks!

About the appendix scar: The article poopsie shared mentiones the scar as being a reference to MIB's stabbing Jack in the side at the end, I don't think that was the case. Julliet removed his appendix on the island (which sideways world people would not know). Sometimes an appendix scar is just an appendix scar... :)

Oh, and spawn wrote: "Spanish: Bese mi asno"

Ano not "asno" is anus in Spanish. The slang would read: Besame el culo. Can't comment on the other languages. :)

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

Or what if Aaron was an unborn dead child? He was shown being born in the sideways world/ limbo/ purgatory! So what does that mean? Clair died when they crashed?

• changeling
    changeling

Aaron as a baby being in the church bothered me as well. I'm almost thinking Claire died on the return plane trip. That way, she would have a memory of Aaron but only as a baby. And yes, he would have to be dead to be in the church, but when and how he died, we don't know.

But wait...Jack and Kate would remember him as a three year old...

Dabnabit, why did you have to bring that up? Now I'm confused again! :)

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Changeling!!!!!!!! I totally forgot about Juliet removing Jack's appendix...I had thought of the knife wound in his side as significant in the sideways world, same as the cut in his neck bleeding after coming out of Locke's surgery....hmmmmmmmmmm....verrrry eeeeenteresting...

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

Changeling: LOL I almost wish the whole three years being away from the Island didn't happen it just funks everything up. But there was an entire season devoted to getting back to the island which is where Farraday's mom/ Whitmore's wife was introduced. Who is she supposed to be??? She wanted them to get back to the Island in that season but then did not what them to remember stuff in the sideways world this season.

• changeling
    changeling

Remember: Sideways world was not real, just a stop on the way to the afterlife where they re-grouped (purgatoryish). She (don't remember her name) was not really Whitmore's wife. She was Daniel's mother but not Penny's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit