Is this for real?

by AK - Jeff 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Maybe sir82 can confirm this, but isn't this brochure supposed to be pinned on the bulletin information board at the hall?

By doing this not only are they reminding the cult followers how they're supposed to dress when touring a spirit directed printing factory but it's also a subliminal message to impress upon everyone how they should be dressing at all times...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome to the Bethel Tour..

We have Printing Press`s and Empty Rooms..

So pay close Attention!!..

We Are  Not WorthyWe Are  Not Worthy

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Dagney
    Dagney

Very real.

I was on a biz trip with JW's in 2005 and I knew they were planning to visit Bethel. I purposely didn't bring a skirt so I could bow out and do some shopping/sightseeing without them. Nooooo. They called and got me a special pass so I could wear pants on the tour and eat in the dining room. (Now that I think about it, I even posed with the group with Carey Barber in his little motorized wheelchair. **sigh**) I think they thought this little trip might be the thing to bring me back.

On another note. We were waiting in the lobby and a poor sister IN A SKIRT was washing the various windows in the entry doors, including the exterior ones. She was STRUGGLING to keep her modesty while bending down to clean the lower portions of the windows. And this was on a snowy day in February.

These guys are absolutely NUTS. Run...run away fast!!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Good one, Outlaw! LOL!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!..Thanks Shawn..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• JWoods
    JWoods

OK, I guess you made me believe it - but wow.

That is just about the spookiest JW thing I have ever seen.

I am amazed time and again how much more controlling and restrictive they have become since I was a JW 30 years ago.

• snowbird
    snowbird

1 Kings 12:28 -30 So the king came up with a plan: He made two golden calves. Then he announced, "It's too much trouble for you to go to Jerusalem to worship. Look at these—the gods who brought you out of Egypt!" He put one calf in Bethel; the other he placed in Dan. This was blatant sin. Think of it—people traveling all the way to Dan to worship a calf! MSG

Like the Israelites of old, they're going to Bethel to worship!

My daughter is planning her trip right now.

Sylvia

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

snowbird, instead of a vacation for your daughter, the visit to Bethel will be just like the conventions or assemblies --> a meeting.

• undercover
    undercover

Hey!! How come that dude from Africa gets to wear sandals but I gotta wear dress shoes? I wanna wear my Tevas...

• sacolton
    sacolton

... he's wearing a dress too!

Oh, good ... they didn't list crocs as unacceptable footwear. I'll wear my green ones next time I visit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit