What are your favorite classic cars, trucks, bikes?

by JimmyPage 25 Replies latest jw friends

• four candles
    four candles

Beautiful Norton Commando....my dream machine.

• Gregor
    Gregor

JP and I have similar taste in the old Chevy PU trucks...I love the look of them

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Honda CB 350

• sooner7nc
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

My 98 Wrangler

• John Doe
  • VoidEater
    VoidEater

1968 Firebird 400

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The 1st Gen Firebirds were awesome cars Void. Nice change of pace from the Camaros that everyone loves.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have a wild history of cars from my Dad and brothers who loved engines.......you might find the following history fun!

When I was a little girl my father traded a nice amplifier for a 1960's model Jaguar with a top that could come off. I remember sitting in the back seat with my brothers, and my mom in the front seat....she was pissed! It was red leather.

I don't know what happened to that car but after that the company my dad worked for bought him a new car every couple of years. We went from something with huge fins to a station wagon, to a luxurious Bonneville, to a Ford Torino...like the movie to a gorgeous white 2 door Grand Prix, to a Nova SS that was stolen out of the parking lot where my dad worked. They gave him another car...but not like what he lost. I think it was something by GM. they kept it for 10 years after that.

AT that point my dad was near retirement and he bought a 1932 Ford Roadster....what fun! He kept tweeking it and won many awards...

He loved engines, fast cars and knew how to work on them. My brothers bought great cars and bikes too.

My Brother who died owned a Nova SS that today would be worth untold dollars. It was fast and furious! When he died he owned a huge Harley....I think it was called a super Glide.

My younger brother has owned a 1942 panhead and now something else thats more exciting. I just can't remember the name.

Myself...well I'm a girl who loves fast cars and takes care of them.

I have owned a 1964 Thunderbird.....you know like in Thelma and Louise., what a car!

Owned an older Nissan 300Z for a few years...absolutely loved that car and sold it. Also a beautiful little white Mazda RX7....not sure if that is the right description, but I will tell you this....We were able to travel down to the south of Florida at 165 miles per hour and it was smooth as glass.

My last great car.....and I am sad, my 2005 V8 Mustang....the absolute joy of my life.....totaled by my son, last month with 37,000.00 miles. He walked away.....tells you how well that car was built. I am glad he is alive, but good lord I miss that car.

Total miles by me....5000.

r

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

@sooner7nc

I love your Wrangler! My very first car, when I was 16, was an '88. Soooooo much fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit