a question for experts on disfellowshipping

by poor places 16 Replies latest jw friends

• sherah
    sherah

Mums the word!

Gradually decrease your activity, i used work and school as excuses. Any efforts made by the BOE for sheparding and encouraging can be thwarted by saying "No thank you, i'll call when i want to talk". Keep repeating this until they get the point that u don't want to be bothered.

• lesabre
    lesabre

they'll df someone who truly loves God but questions a thing or 2. heard plenty of stories.... just depends on the elders... BUT they'll FOR SURE df you for not believing in God. why would you even stay???

• peaches
    peaches

the more you say,,,,the worse things will get....sad,,,,but...true....

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The elders do not police your thoughts, unless you make them known. Making known or promoting your thoughts to others is called ... causing division ... this is what you could be disfellowshipped for.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Blondie's quotes help.

The Elders Manual says that "Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates."

Just telling the elders is enough for many of them to say that you stubbornly hold to and speak about your beliefs. Even if they didn't get you for that, they would say you are lyingly representing yourself and the congregation if you claim any field service.

• JWoods
    JWoods

As with all DF issues, it all depends on the makup and attitude of the elders in charge of the case.

I believe that it would technically fall under the charge of false belief or apostacy if they wanted to push it.

On the other hand, if it was not widely known and you were not spreading it around, they might ignore it for a time on the grounds that you were just having some private doubts. This is IF (big IF) the local BOE was fairly liberal, and did not run into a circuit overseer who pushed them into taking action.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From this board I have ascertained that the elders' attitude to the "sin" of apostasy varies enormously from place to place. Around here they seem pretty tolerant unless you actively seek to spread it around. I had no cases to deal with in 24 years as an elder. However, I learn that elsewhere (in the U S it seems) committees may be formed if you express thoughts in a shepherding call.

I would not risk it. Keep quiet. Make an excuse to fade away, [depression, stress, having to work long hours etc....] After all, it would be very easy to pin this on you.

2 John 7 -10

....."Persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the Antichrist. ...If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching never receive him in your homes or say a greeting to him.

That sounds hard , but that is how they are trained to think by the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit