Screen Name vs Character

by Amazing 57 Replies latest jw friends

• LaDonnaAna
    LaDonnaAna

Waiting, Outnfree,

Please take the same advice that Msil so kindly gave Amazing; and rightly so.

Get out of this mess and leave those that wish to fight, fight alone.

Those who have no audience perform quite badly, and I happen to enjoy the posts of both of you fine women. I have much to learn from both of you.

Kindly,
    Ana~ladonna

over my 25 posts, name slightly changed.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Wow; flame wars with slow-mo action reply. Isn't technology wonderful?

I know, I know, it was Professor Plum with a Cisco Router in the Server Farm! It was HIS fault!

(Abaddon, of the 'why can't everybody get along' class, the 'sarcastic bastard' class and the 'I LIKE having a screen name, but everyone can see my real name' class)

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Ana, aka LaDonna?

Kindly,
    Ana~ladonna

over my 25 posts, name slightly changed.

oooooooooooooooooo, babe, are you in deep doodoo with the Post Police!
    And I don't mean Simon, btw.

I hope this discussion - at least my involvement - is over. Besides, I didn't discuss much, just sat going back and forth, back and forth, saying "whaaaaaaaaa?" Well, to tj I said "whatthehell is that man talking about?" I like tj just fine, btw, but sometimes he's so hard to understand! Like I'm not! Ha.

Anyway, this is what happens when all sides take quotes out of context. And I've been guilty of it before myself.

*And before I'm damned...........the crack about the Post Police was a j-o-k-e!!!!!!

waiting

*Sufficiently advanced political correctness is sarcasm. paraphrased from some one some where.

• teejay
    teejay

Waiting,

1. Julie posted to Xena

2. You found 'problems' with the post, among them being that Julie was insulting toward Amazing.

3. After looking at the post, I found that Julie was no more insulting than you (or any one else). I thought that in one of the seventeen threads dealing with "elder culpability" and all the side issues, I thought you said that, "you gotta wonder about a man who'd pick "amazing" for a screen name. I haven't looked for where I read it because it's really irrelevant. I wasn't trying to start nuthin' between you and Amazing. The only point I was making is that Julie was in no way overly insulting and that your allegation that she was was false. I apologize for misquoting you.

Since we (you and I) settled all this two days ago, the matter should have ended there. Why Amazing is absolutely adamant in his refusal to respond to posts within the thread where they appear is worthy of professional study, but in the mean time it's clear that his methodology of starting new threads every five minutes can create problems.

Even if he chooses to start a new thread over the issue of what I said or why he chose a screen name, he went about it all wrong, anyway. It seems to me that the proper approach would have been to first ask you if I quoted you correctly. (That's the way *I* would have done it.) He made the assumption that you did. Indeed, *YOUR* saying what I thought you said does not seem to matter and is not at issue since I don't see you addressed in his new thread. His main thesis was that I agreed with you and he proceeded from that wrong assumption to say "something" about me.

Wasn't there a thread about "our choice of screen name" sometime ago? I understand that it was the social and moral and religious importance of the name "Amazing" that precluded him from posting to THAT thread. He saw the overwhelming need to start a separate one so that we could all contribute to the subject of "Amazing." Whatever.

tj

• outnfree
    outnfree

waiting,

You are correct. It was vanity, not egotism that you ascribed to Amazing. I remember thinking at the time that your remark was a bit snide (which is why I mentioned in MY post what I thought had been the reason for Amazing's choice of screen name). Now I see that you were not meaning any harm, merely agreeing with E-man and 6 that humans are vain.

I apologize for any distress I may have given you, Amazing, or teejay over the matter.

And Ana?
    I had to post the apology, but now I'm done!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• ladonna
    ladonna

Waiting,

I happen to think you're a real sweety

Anyway, this is what happens when all sides take quotes out of context. And I've been guilty of it before myself.
    I have as well, Waiting. I am certainly no princess. OOOPppps...hey, Princess, that was a joke

*And before I'm damned...........the crack about the Post Police was a j-o-k-e!!!!!!
    You will never be damned by me, hun!!!

Ana

Out,

And Ana?
    I had to post the apology, but now I'm done!
    Yep, another lady with class!!!!

Great to include two fine women in one post.

Ana

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

larc........"I think I thought I saw you try" I think, and THEN it's thats me in the corner.
    plm

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Ana,

Thanks for your note. This really is an unusal thread, with fine examples of taking people's words out of context, and not quoting actual words. Almost all persons were saying things, but not connecting properly.

I always enjoy your posts, wherever I can find them.

Howdy tj

I wasn't trying to start nuthin' between you and Amazing.
    Thank you. Even if you did (which I don't think you did either), it would have been an anthill argument because there's really not much to this situation, imho.

The only point I was making is that Julie was in no way overly insulting and that your allegation that she was was false. I apologize for misquoting you.
    That would be your own opinion of her post. My "allegation" is as insightful as yours, but from another viewpoint, imho. This falls into the area of *interpretation of words.* And seeing that Julie posted that she was leaving immediately upon posting to me, I would think the point is moot between she & I.

As I said before, you actually have brought the issue of Julie's post to me, and my response, over to this thread. I agree to disagree with you, if mutually agreeable with you, as I said to you when you first decided to defend Julie's post for her, since she had already left.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit