Convention talk 2010 ...

by iknowall558 22 Replies latest jw friends

• iknowall558
    iknowall558
    Aulani AlohaJehovah's Witness Mind Diddling Testamonials: This is insane!
    Outline of a 2010 District Convention talk from the symposium, "Remain in
    the Secret Place of the Most High". This will release a new DVD. Talk will be
    given on Sunday afternoon by a Governing Body member or branch committee
    member.
    "Everyone NEEDS to see this" The New Word "Contemporaries" for generation expansion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuLrdtM9zh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuLrdtM9zh8

Jehovah's Witnesses 2010 Release District Convention www.youtube.com Outline of a 2010 District Convention talk from the symposium, "Remain in the Secret Place of the Most High". This will release a new DVD. Talk will be given on Sunday afternoon by a Governing Body member or branch committee member.
  • cult classic
    cult classic

they are disgusting.

• shamus100
    shamus100

If it sounds like crap, smells like crap, chances are it's crap - I don't need to taste it. Can you believe how they try to explain that away? Do you think that would stand up in a court of law for one complete second?

It's just smoke and mirrors with Jehovahs Witnesses. They think apostates are out there to change them from believing to unbelieving. I say if anyone wants to believe that bullshit, let them. I have no interest in trying to convince someone that they have the wrong beliefs - you can't make a horse drink water!

The entire religion is based on falsehood.

• penny2
    penny2

Sounds too ridiculous to be true. Thanks for the info but I won't believe this until someone has actually heard it at a DC.

penny

• bobld
    bobld

What bs,they used the bible and all the scriptures to say "THE GENERATION THAT SAW 1914 WOULD NOT PASS AWAY BEFORE THE END."So what happened to that explanation.Twisting scriptures like all the twisters that are hit USA in the last few days.

B

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

maybe i will attend a convention and see if i can get me one of them DVDs and maybe record the talk too!...

hmmmm

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sounds too ridiculous to be true. Thanks for the info but I won't believe this until someone has actually heard it at a DC.

penny

They've said it already TWICE in Watchtowers (April 15 and June 15 of this year) and ONCE in the talk at last year's annual meeting. Why wouldn't you believe this is going to be restated at the District Convention.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

The way the talk presents it is as if there is some kind of apostolic sucession from freddy franz generation to the modern day anointed.

You're not part of that generation if you didn't shake freddy's hand!!

Actually the bit that annoyed me most was the use of the word 'correspondingly', for two concepts that do not correspond.

• teel
    teel

True Sapphy, Joseph's brothers were not two overlapping groups, they were one single generation, born around the same time - the age difference between them was not more than 20 years, and the Bible, unlike JWs, uses correctly the term generation, just as defined in the encyclopedia: "A familial generation is defined as the average time between a mother's first offspring and her daughter's first offspring. The generation length is 25.2 years in the United States as of 2007[2] and 27.4 years in the United Kingdom as of 2004."

Which reminds me: shouldn't we make an entry under Wikipedia's Generation page? If worded correctly it could be accepted in "Other generations", because this usage of the term is unique to JWs, so it's worth mentioning. The point would be that readers would see the weirdness of the religion, redefining words so it needs to suit them better.

• Hadit
    Hadit

This makes me sick! More propaganda. I guess they need a DVD to help in the indoctrination process - printed page is not enough they have to sear it into your brain via TV. I wonder if they'll be putting in subliminal messages too.

Their made up, farfetched, ridiculous, twisted, bs explanation of what constitutes contemporaries is sheer and utter nonesense. Pretty soon they'll be coming up with a new dictionary and all the other ones will be dumped into memory holes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit