Did Jehovah create the world to last forever?

by maputo95 17 Replies latest social relationships

• little witch
    little witch

The law of Thermodynamics says a resounding "NO"!

Good luck with convincing a fundamentalist of scientific laws of physics.

LW

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Good luck with convincing a fundamentalist of scientific laws of physics.

Or biology. Or cosmology. I had a long-time JW once tell me that the annointed in the new system would get their power from the sun - because obviously Jehovah had made the sun to be a perpetual source of energy...

When actually the fact that the sun, powered by the hydrogen cycle, is not perpetually eternal is precisely the best scientific proof that the earth cannot last forever.

• sacolton
    sacolton

... and compare OUR SUN with VY Canis Majoris ... well, seems like we got table crumbs.

• little witch
    little witch

Dear Woods,

He put alot of thought into that comeback explaination huh?

• maputo95
    maputo95

Thanks to all of you for your great sharing which is of ABSORBING interest. I respect all viewpoints especially scientific and atheists views. Open mind is what I aim to develop!! Salcolton, I will view "The Knowing" which seem very inner secret, almost esoteric!!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    He put alot of thought into that comeback explaination huh?

It was an elderly lady, but yeah. She was trying to "prove" how the annointed could last forever...

I also heard a circuit overseer say just about the same thing (eternal sun) in a talk to the congregation during a visit.

• little witch
    little witch

Isn't it amazing that any fellow human being could imagine themselves superior or more worthy of benifit? Beyond comprehension on any level.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Don't you just love the explanation of the law of thermodynamics? It's so simple and clear: Stuff wears itself out. Period.

Looking at the picture Colton posted: Oh yeah, the sun is most definitely gonna die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit