Use only your Bible and tell me if you can answer this

by dgp 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

So, do Jehovah's witnesses believe there are two kinds of death?

This, I don't know. I don't remember focusing on spiritual death in my bible study. I came to that understanding after personal study, patient reflection and prayer.

What about who got payment for our sins?

I think you are a little biased in what you expect from an answer :)

<<<As in "here, the nasty creatures I myself created, in full knowledge that they would sin, did indeed sin by eating from a tree I myself created and made it a point to have grow near where my creatures would live, in full knowledge that they would eat from it, so here's the atonement/grace/ransom/whatever so they will be free". Who is at the receiving end?>>>

Man separated himself from God by sinning. God sent his son to teach and to reconcile man to Himself, forgetting man's sins and granting forgiveness and grace through Jesus. Jesus might have earned it for us by obeying his Father, but we didn't do anything to earn it for ourselves. Which makes it a gift that we can either choose to accept or ignore.

All of Romans 5 speaks about this as a gift/ not as something we have paid God for.

Tammy

• agonus
    agonus

"So, do Jehovah's witnesses believe there are two kinds of death?"

EVIDENTLY, there are TWO "overlapping" deaths.

Boy, we sure are getting some mileage out of Jaracz & Co.'s idiocy...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Why? Why is God's grace limited to passing through Jesus? Why is God so limited?
    Why does God need a ransom for Adam's sin? Why is he passing on the sin of the father to the son, which I understand is wrong? Why is God so limited, and why does He choose to break his own rule?
    Why does God need a ransom for anything? Why is he so limited? If he "is love", if he is all powerful, if he can create a universe, if he can put all physical and moral law into play, why must he be bound by a balancing sacrifice of a perfect man for a perfect man?

Actually, for those that believe in Christ, Salvation is based on Grace via Jesus.

For those that, for whatever reason do NOT believe in Christ or God for that matter, salvation will be based on not only what they do but also why they do not believe.

Grace is still there for them, all are under Grace, but unless you receive the gift of grace, you don't "have it", know what I mean?

A athiest that is a good person and loves others and cares for others but has not found God ( for whatever reason) will still be saved because he is basically a good and loving person, a righteous person and one that does things out of love and kindeness.

God knows what is in his heart and why this person does not believe, that is why only God and Jesus judge for only they know the "why's" of what we do and believe ) or don't believe).

Now, a person that decides that they don't believe in God because itis NOT convienent for them ( they want to be bad, to what is wrong, they want to hate and hurt others, etc) that person is in trouble, BUT perhaps in evene MORE trouble is the believer that perverts his believe and perverts the gift of grace and God' love.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why, when Jesus supposedly offered up a perfect sacrifice to which nothing ever need be added, do we need to continue sacrificing?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

What sacrifices are you referring to WTWizard?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit