WT cautions against playing pac-man 1982 Awake

by EndofMysteries 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

With bizarre names like Pac-Man, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Battlezone and Donkey Kong, video games have landed themselves not only in amusement arcades but also in corner drugstores, supermarkets, gas stations, fast-food parlors and nearly everywhere else that people congregate. Their beeps and booms and colorful lights have captured the fancy and imagination of a new generation of players to the point of obsession.

Other than the obvious appeal to teenagers and its commercial success, the proliferation of arcade video games has triggered reactions ranging from strong parental protests to outright government bans. In the Philippines, President Marcos officially banned the games and gave owners two weeks to destroy them

Angry parents say that their boys simply skip lunch and spend their lunch money, and time, at the video-game arcades. An irate mother in an affluent suburb of New York blamed the games for increased juvenile crime. “Children snatch purses and gold chains for money to put in these machines,” she said.

Many video-game arcades have grown out of onetime pinball parlors and pool halls. Though the sounds and sights are different, the atmosphere remains largely the same. Outbursts of bad language, fits of anger, screams and kicks when a player loses his game are common occurrences in such places. More seriously, however, Time magazine reports that “homosexual cruising is a problem in Amsterdam’s arcades. In Stockholm, the games are associated in the public mind with teen-age hoodlumism involving drugs, prostitution and illegal hard liquor.”

Very timely huh?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

In 1997, they make this quote, "Video Games. The comparatively innocent age of Pac-Man and Donkey Kong has given way to a new era of gruesomely sadistic games. " - light got brighter and pac-man wasn't so bad huh? lol

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I've always associated Pac-Man with homosexuality, drugs, and prostitution. Why do people think I'm crazy for saying that?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Crysis: if you are going to waste time & money, do it properly!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I loved pacman!!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

You would you gay crackhead john.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ Jimmy! At first I thought, what the ….???

Yes, you got me. Even though I’m female. So that makes me a crackhead dyke?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

And a solicitor. Let's not forget that LOL.

• agonus
    agonus

"Time magazine reports that homosexual cruising is a problem in Amsterdam’s arcades."

So, let's see... according to the WT, masturbation leads to homosexuality... as does... er... playing Pac-Man?

So will jerking off while playing Pac-Man turn you uber-gay?

• Scottiebear7
    Scottiebear7

Geez, I play World of Warcraft... I guess this explains why I liked more than just the "missionary" position when making love. Man, I must be doomed to a fiery hell.... oh wait, there is no hell, only "the grave".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit