CO visit comments: Facebook & new "generation" teaching

by sir82 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

This generation is like the Wild Beast in Revelation. It was the League of Nations, then it was inactive, then it was the United Nations.

• baltar447
    baltar447

lol, I don't care alot for Facebook, I think they have no regard for personal privacy. That's why I never share anything personal OR use FB applications. But seriously, what's the big deal about Facebook? Why the fear mongering? Use it carefully and adjust your privacy settings. Why the big worry over facebook?

• teel
    teel

Why the big worry over anything? Because they need self appointed standards upon which to judge people. You're on FB? You have bad spirituality. You dare read anything non-GB approved? You're appostate.

• yknot
    yknot
    "And the other day, I got an invitation in my e-mail from a brother, inviting me to be his friend on Facebook. So right away I called the brother and asked him why he was inviting me on to Facebook."

I am confused....... since when does Facebook send out 'friend requests' by specific users to random persons who by sheer happenstance are known to each other?

Why is Facebook bad but email acceptable? (oh yea, because it saves the WT $$$$ in postage!)

During his entire explanation, it was quite evident he had no idea what he was saying - he was just reading directly from the outline.

Did you get the feel that he wasn't prepared or was he 'nervous' at delivering this pile of steaming hot horsepucky?

• Room 215
    Room 215

so the generations overlap, like the shingles on a roof..... but is still one generation... all quite logical

• spawn
    spawn

The CO is talking out of his "ARSE"

"And the other day, I got an invitation in my e-mail from a brother, inviting me to be his friend on Facebook. So right away I called the brother and asked him why he was inviting me on to Facebook."

"He said, Brother CO, I didn't send you that invitiation!"

Now this brother having been caught out using FB is obviously telling "Porky Pies"

And if Satan is is using FB to trap people why can't I get him on my friends list??

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oh the Horror`s of FaceBook!!..

Providing a Dating Service for Seniors!!..

Obviously the work of Satan..Where will it all end?..

AND..

A new meaning for Generation from the WBT$..

Because..

"Evidently" the one from the Dictionary is Wrong!!..

Generation 4

Definition:Asinglesteporstageinthesuccessionofnaturaldescent;arankorremoveingenealogy. Hence: Thebodyofthosewhoareofthesamegenealogicalrankorremovefromanancestor;themassof beings livingatoneperiod;also,theaveragelifetimeofman,ortheordinaryperiodoftimeatwhichonerank follows another,orfatherissucceededbychild, usually assumedtobeonethirdofacentury;anage.

Seniors shouldn`t Date..

And..

Everyone should throw away their Dictionary!!..

Another WBT$ Brain Fart..

Delivered by JehovDuh`s Witness`s..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• InOregon
    InOregon

That is so ridiculous about Facebook. How would Facebook know to send that particular person an email. Somebody is telling a lie!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

That is so ridiculous about Facebook. How would Facebook know to send that particular person an email. Somebody is telling a lie!

Not necessarily. When you first sign up for facebook, it does (or did at one point) prompt you to scan your email address book and hook you up with people already on facebook to send friend invites too. The more interesting question is...what was the CO doing on facebook?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

NVL, the CO wasn't on Facebook. The invite came to his email. It had to be sent from the guy it claimed to be sent from, whether on purpose, or if he clicked "yes" to allow his address book to be mined as you suggest. Either way, it isn't automatic, the invitor has to click something to allow the invitee to be contacted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit