What is your concept of God?

by transhuman68 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Given that the God of the Old Testament & the New Testament don't seem to match up, and our first impression of God may be based on our parents, and the many progressive Christian religions that stress God's love and grace, we probably all have completely different ideas of who God is; if He/She does exist. I always thought God was a strict, bad-tempered kill-joy.

• Terry
    Terry

What we don't know, we imagine.

What we need, we seek.

What we fear, we try and appease.

=GOD.

• tec
    tec

I base my concept of God on the teachings and example of Jesus. So I think that God is just, forgiving, merciful and loving. I do not rule out the strict, but I believe that it is tempered with grace and understanding.

Tammy

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

1 In the beginning Man created God;
    and in the image of Man
    created he him.

2 And Man gave unto God a multitude of
    names,that he might be Lord of all
    the earth when it was suited to Man

3 ....

Ian Anderson 1971

On the cover of Aqualung

I don't have a problem with Ian's description. I came to this conclusion also while reading the NT with the blinkers off.

Cheers

Chris

• Lieu
    Lieu

Pretty much what Tec said.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJi8PqB_Mk

People, what have you done? Locked him in his golden cage. (golden cage)

Made him bend to your religion, him resurrected from the grave. (from the grave)

He is the God of nothing if that's all that you can see.

You are the God of everything. He's inside you and me.

So lean upon him gently and don't call on him to save

You from your social graces and the sins you used to waive. (you used to waive)

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The bible, if you read it in interlinear, and in context, you'll see there is a good chance our explanation of God old testament and new testament, there is a good chance is not correct.

A few small examples just to get you thinking, don't worry the answer may not be able to find or atleast not anytime soon .......

Israel is Jehovah's 'interitance' - who did he inherit it from?

Jesus said the jews are very much mistaken about their God, who is a god of the living, not the dead.

WHO are the 2 cherubs covering the ark, what do they symbolize? (compare them with the 2 witnesses in Revelation)

Who is the cherub in Ezekiel, which 'profaned' his santuaries? Killed his people? Is it Satan or something else? (not sure if Ezekiel is the one speaking of killing his own people)

• snowbird
    snowbird

A powerful but loving Deity who doesn't hesitate to knock heads and/or kick butts (literally and figuratively) when necessary.

Sylvia

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Never met her.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

God is a concept made up by humans for three reasons

1 to explain what they could not.

2 to control others

3 everyone loves the idea that someone bigger and more powerful then all your enemies has got your back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit