Zone Visits in Europe May and June, start of the CO/DO changes

by JWFreak 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Following on with the Austrian Zone visit post

Just some info that the visits are to a number of European Branches.

They are also at the French bethel around the 15th of May before heading on to other branches including the Austrian and German branches.

It seems that it is the Overseer of the Personnel Committee who is Loesch I believe and also a Heavyweight "helper" of the Publishing Committee.

The branches are expecting quite a few changes, it does seem strange to my source in France that all the travelling overseers have been left in place for a 4th year this September, which is unheard of in Europe. The then yet unknown changes will take place in Sep 2011.

Waiting here to see what these announcements are.

JWF

• sir82
    sir82

Maybe trying it out in Europe first, to see how it goes before implementing worldwide?

Here in the US our current CO just finished his 3-year stint, and is going to a new assignment in September 2010.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

No changes in my country. And the ZS just was here. After having travelled for three years, new assignments to COs have been given starting September this year, and name of our new CO and date of visit has been given.

No changes, in other words.

• yknot
    yknot

Our CO changed last Sept...... to the great relief of our last CO who had become 'nervous' after learning of the Bethel Layoffs.

Well in light of taxation in Spain ......

I was kinda expecting all overseers to based out of a country that was least likely to follow Spain's lead.

It makes sense too to start in Europe with all the closings.....

Thank you for the updates!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Bump. Could this be the beginning of the end of the CO arrangement?

• yknot
    yknot

Yes indeed! 2010-2011 could be the 'set up' year! 2011-2012 full implementation!

Afterall the newest KS book is scheduled for release later this year which is perfect to begin introducing and interviewing for CO-lites!

Of course as always .......all this speculation is based on rumors and we should all strive to hold our tongues so as not to have a repeat of the pioneer hour fiasco!

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Yeah they visited Greece too.To be honest with myself and to others I distinguished something fake in these guys.Don't have a clue what but something looked "not from the heart" to me.

• sherah
    sherah

I know of two older CO's in my area who are being reassigned as special pioneers at the end of their stint in Sept 2010. Changes are on the horizon it would seem.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

They didn't mention any change about CO/DO during the Austrian Zone visit (June 12th). Just wait and see

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    The branches are expecting quite a few changes, it does seem strange to my source in France that all the travelling overseers have been left in place for a 4th year this September, which is unheard of in Europe. The then yet unknown changes will take place in Sep 2011.
    Waiting here to see what these announcements are.

bttt. We've got a zone assembly or something next month. We had to designate one of the elders on the body to take notes of this assembly, and in the future for a local needs part, that brother will do a talk based upon what was relayed at that meeting. I'm wondering if this is all a big hey to do over nothing, or is there going to be some crazy announcement regarding significant changes being made? Time will tell, next month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit