What's The Nicest Piece of Jewelry That You Own?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The answer was already taken, but I hang my wife on my right arm.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I own ZERO Jewelry

• minimus
    minimus

Most silver can easily be cleaned by dipping it in a liquid silver cleaner. Within a second, the silver looks like new!

• nelly136
    nelly136

if i want to clean silver i put a bit of tin foil in the bottom of a bowl with some bicarb throw in the silver then pour on some hot water, rinse off in soapy water.

works a treat

• perfect1
    perfect1

bump

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had a Cartier Tank watch. A gold watch but the timing part isn't great. My fine jewelry is dainty b/c I cannot afford precious metal. Every piece must be a timeless classic. Also, silver is very bad for my coloring so I can't wear it. I adore chunky silver pieces.

I have a lot of fashion jewelry. Kenneth Jay Lane. Some Miriam Haskell. Robert Lee Morris.

I have few Tiffany pieces and one Cartier.

• littlerockguy
  • talesin
    talesin

32" byzantine chain necklace, bracelet and earrings to match. Hand-made by my partner, using rings. From scratch, wire annealed and drawn, rings cut, etc.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Jewelry cleaner:

1/4 cup ammonia cleanser

few drops of dish detergent

3-4 cups warm water

Check your stones to ensure they are not loose! Use a SOFT toothbrush to gently remove dirt around the stones/settings, and for cleaning chains. When cleaning, check your chains to see if there are any damaged links - just one weak link could mean your treasured/expensive necklace or bracelet could easily fall off and be forever lost.

DO NOT subject your emeralds, opals, turquoise or other 'soft' gemstones to any cleaning products or EVER submerge them in hot water. This will dry the stone and cause damage. Have them professionally cleaned by a REAL silver/goldsmith, and NOT at the mall.

xo

tal

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Even though this thread is two years old, I'll comment.

I have some silver and opal earrings and a small opal pendant set in gold in a gold chain. Both were gifts from my daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit