So close, they're saying it every meeting?

by CrimsonAshes 10 Replies latest jw friends

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

Was listening to the meeting on the phone tonight, and the second half, after the song, one of the announcements said about the GT.

At first I thought they said "Great Tribulation One Day Away," But then I listened to the rest, and realized it was "Great Tribulation is one more day near." Either way....they're saying it at every meeting now? And the reason it was an announcement was because they were announcing baptisms. (Since when is that said at the regular meeting?)

I think it was something along the lines of, "In view of the Great Tribulation being one more day near, we have two new baptsisms to announce," Or something like that. Was in the kitchen, raiding the fridge when it was said, and couldn't hear very well.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Since they lack a 1975, they are simply saying that it is one day closer than it was yesterday. Technically this is true, but that doesn't matter if it's 4 or 5 billion years into the future or joining the witlesses is not the way to survive it. All to keep people in the cancer.

I can remember 1988, when they were telling me that if anyone got disfellowshipped then, there wouldn't be time to go back. Since then, just within my former congregation I have seen two separate people getting disfellowshipped twice, and getting reinstated twice, all within that period.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That seems weird.

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

guess they just wanted to emphasize that two more people are now guaranteed a better chance at salvation (because, you know "probably you may be concealed in the day of his anger") as opposed to the rest of the world who are going to DIE because they didn't get baptized yet.

• cantleave
    cantleave

They've being saying "every day we are one day nearer to Armageddon" every day since I have been born.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

They've being saying "every day we are one day nearer to Armageddon" every day since I have been born.

& much longer, way way back to CT Russell

• highdose
    highdose

Lets face it , of the people sitting in that hall probably only 1/3 were listening. The people that were are so brain dead that they would agree with anything.

They can only cry wolf for so long though, 2014 is acoming..... the WTBS's biggest ememy is themselves

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

In view of the Great Tribulation being one more day near, we would like to announce that the donut shop in our territory is offering a special half-off sale on day-old donuts, effective Monday. So pioneers and all, please come enjoy the treats at Sal's Donut Galleria on your field service breaks; remember, each day that the Great Tribulation draws near is another day you will find new day-old donuts!

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

The actors change, but the script stays the same!!!

• life is to short
    life is to short

I have noticed that also. We are so close, we have no time to waste. We must get out in service, etc. They seem desperate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit