jws' proud of the wt's money

by rockmehardplace 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

have you ever noticed that when someone mentions the property in ny that the organization has and the values of it, many jws get all excited over it.

first, they act like they are going to get a chunk of it. second, they think all that money goes to preaching and building kingdom halls.

i can think of several kingdom halls near where i live that are paying the society back now for a building that, no matter how you write it, belongs to them. as for the preaching, who are they paying to preach the good news. when i was in field service, i never got a check addressed from the wtbts or the governing body for any gas, car expense, etc. i know circuit and district overseers got a little something, but for what? to harassa the r&f for not giving enough, doing enough, being at all the meetings.

somebody is sitting on a very pretty nest egg in watchtower world and it is not just any average publisher.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS is a series of non-profit organizations and they would have to risk their tax-free status in the US if individuals on the boards of directors were to shift money into their pocket. I'm not saying that they don't benefit from being Bethelites with status and getting donations from individual jws.

• aniron
    aniron

Its strange because if you point out all the wealth the WT has to a JW.
    Theres a certain amount of denial.

Then they point out how big the WT is.
    The branch offices, Patterson etc

Then they complain about the wealth of the Catholic Church.

• journey-on
    journey-on

It does not bother the average r&f JW that the mother ship is raking it in off the cash cow. I have mentioned in passing to my sister that the real estate holdings alone must be worth millions and millions. She just talks like it's Jehovah's spirit making them prosperous and guiding their wheelings and dealings...lol!

• ziddina
    ziddina

I keep praying {nyuk, nyuk...) that some dishonest JW accountant or smart lawyer finds a way to hack into the WTBTS' huge financial accounts and siphons off a few hundred million $$$$ or so...

I can't understand why it hasn't happened already... I would assume that they watch their money like miserly, shriveled-up Scrooges, but still... Dishonesty at the top levels [flip-flopping on doctrine that kills people is the HEIGHT of dishonesty!!!] should breed financial dishonesty, too...

Or, maybe it's already happened, and we just haven't heard about it...

Zid

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

blondie. you are correct. i am sure no one person is sitting on a pile of money as i stated. i probably should have been more clear. someone or some small group is benefiting from all the company perks that are business related and enjoying themselves.

on a side topic, there is a relief fund, but other than natural disasters, when do we see money filtered back to the congregations. jws offer no soup kitchens, no shelters. they dont give to any community projects other than the ones on occassion where they have remodeled or did repairs for convention sites, but that was only to benefit from a substantial discount.

• cult classic
    cult classic

rockme,

yeah that is a strange split in their thinking. Condemning other religious leaders/institutions for their wealth and being proud of the WTS' holdings and wealth. I think in an offbeat way they equate the amount of money the WTS has with the number of publishers and that that somehow signifies god's spirit on their work. Or as mentioned, they are in total denial and at best think all of the funds are used to further assist the preaching work.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Most JW`s think the WBT$ is a "Poor Organization"..

And..

Any money made,goes right back to promoting Jehovah`s Organization..

Most Jehovah`s Witness`s have no idea.

The WBT$ is a Multi-Billion Dollar Enterprise..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

JWs love their thief!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Unfortunately, millions of those dollars came from my family over the past 60 years.

Can I get it back?

5th

I'll even accept a paltry 5% on the money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit