Emotional affairs JW style

by highdose 13 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

One of the situations I knew of actually did culminate in the elder fathering the sister's last child and when her husband (worldly guy) found out...boy howdy.

Interestingly, the elder gave a really good Jimmy Swaggart "I've sinned" imitation and never was DF'd for adultery. Just a wrist slappy of private reproof.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I had an emotional affair with an elder who in any other normal lives would have divorced his insane wife. It was more him then me I just liked the attention at the time married to a creap of a husband that didn't notice me. I'd say for me it was good because it woke me up... I realized I deservied to be loved and left my creap ex-husband... of course had to have an affair to divorce a JW but....

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I engaged in an emotional affair with a single brother who was my age while I was married to my crazy jw husband. He was one of the few people who saw my ex's true colors. Under ordinary circumstances, I don't think anything would've ever happened between us, but my delusional cult thinking made me believe that I was chained to a lunatic for the rest of my life or until he decided to kill me, and the young brother felt protective of and sorry for me. We kissed a few times, and I ended it and talked to the elder with whom I attended pioneer school. I had to confess to my nut job husband and stop pioneering. My jw husband was so smug about the whole thing. I thought he would kill me, but as it turned out, it was just another thing for him to torture me with, because he knew I couldn't bring myself to commit adultery to get away from him. Since I could no longer pioneer, I got a full time job, which helped me make my escape a few years later.

I often wonder how that brother is doing. I hope his involvement with me didn't mess up his head too much. There were so many times that I wanted to talk to him just to make sure he was okay, but that would've been inappropriate. Then after I left my husband, I don't know how welcome contact would've been with me being df'd.

In both congregations I attended during my stint as a jw, I saw emotional affairs between men and women who were married to others and with single pioneer sisters. It's sad, isn't it? When you're not free to express yourself to others, a person will cling to whomever is available.

• dgp
    dgp

Marked. And I agree with Jamie Bowers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit