Most people who are not JW's live with out moral restrain! All who have left the "Truth" regret it. June 15th WT

by life is to short 74 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Life really is to short for all of this.

After being told that I'm not really happy and that I'm only pretending to be happy and that its not possible to happy outside of the organization, I'm no longer surprised by anything these people print. After leaving, I was surprised at the moral restraint of non-JWs. I thought they were accountable to know one so they did whatever. Well, they do have a sense of accountability either to their God or mankind. Overall, they are a good bunch.

And yes, most JWs are ill-equipped to live in the real world.

• truman
    truman

Is this quotation from one of the JW only issues of the Watchtower? Does anyone have a scan of that or a pdf of the issue? For my grad class on rhetoric, I am doing a paper about the ways cults use rhetoric to recruit and maintain members (focusing on JWs). This sounds like a passage that would be a very apt example. (Not so) unfortunately, I no longer have access to the restricted WT.

• teel
    teel

truman: you can download the full WT from jw.org go to Downloads - Magazines, select June 2010.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Strange, but in your heading you say "most" and "all" - but in the quote which you give from the article, these words are not used. In stead, the article uses the words "many" and "some".

If "most" and "all" were used, one could of course object - but can one object to the wordings "many" and "some"?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"The only heroin abuser I knew outside of therapeutic settings was a JW."

OK, so we can therefore safely use your limited personal experince as a basis for what is the situation in the world as a whole, and state as a fact that all heroin abusers worldwide are JWs? And that noone outside the JW community is a fixer?

• teel
    teel

TheOldHippie: as has been said by many on this topic, the JWs will glide over those words, and come to the conclusion in the title.

Was it not so, it would mean the WT admits that most of the people actually don't regret leaving the WTS - it says "some regret", and even though my english skill is not perfect, I think "most" is the opposite of "some".

• sharinga
    sharinga

So basically we have all come to the conclusion that leaving the "Cult" is just like when an animal has been born and raised in the zoo and then is let free randomly without any training into the wild and told...if you get hurt it's your own fault...

Oh yeah I'll admit it....I regret them...that they exist.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If "most" and "all" were used, one could of course object - but can one object to the wordings "many" and "some"?

You have it wrong. If "most" and "all" were used, at least we would know they are being honest about their beliefs. They don't believe "some" fall into an evil lifestyle when they leave JWs, they believe ALL do because NOT being a JW after knowing "the truth" IS evil and worthy of death at Armageddon. So the objection is that the article is lying about their true beliefs, knowing that they can do so with impunity and that the indoctrinated reader will mentally substitute "all" for "some."

Frankly, pretending you don't know this just for the sake of argument is kind of lame.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

After leaving, I was surprised at the moral restraint of non-JWs. I thought they were accountable to know one so they did whatever. Well, they do have a sense of accountability either to their God or mankind. Overall, they are a good bunch.

So true...so true! That was the first 'surprise' I had when I finally let my guard down, stopped being such a JW snob, and started reaching out and making friends with NON-JWs - they are good people! They may not be witnesses, they may not serve Jehovah, they may not go to Khall, but they ARE clean living, moral, upstanding, tax paying citizens that follow the law and are honest and loyal. I know baptized JWs that can't even say that for themselves! My parents (at will by the religion) taught me that 'worldly' people are out there running wild with no direction and no sense of responsibility. So I was afraid of how they would act if I ever got too close. UGH!!! Now I see the real deal, and to be honest, ALL of my friends (unconditional non-JW ones of course) AND my boyfriend are better then 80% of the JWs I've ever known.

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

Yeah.. Darth... Sorry, man... That wasn't demons raping you at all hours, that was me.

I didn't want to, but the ghost of Rutherford MADE me do it.

My sincere apologies. But between you and me, I think you kinda liked it... You did start dressing nicer for bed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit